Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/25/2006 9:00:30 AM EDT
If i rack the slide trying to manually clear the chamber my p32 will not eject the round. The round comes outa the barrel but gets stuck on the extractor then jams up. I end up having to hold the slide back and motivate the round with a needle nose plier or something to get it up and out.

Anyone else have problems hand cycling their P32??

Other than this i haven't had any problems out of it. I've shot 200rds with no probs at all.

Stone
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:33:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2006 10:38:55 AM EDT by ThePirate]
Are you retracting the slide forcefully or slowly? It needs to come back quick and hard to simulate what would happen under firing conditions. Since it seems to eject the spent casings just fine on its own, I would guess you are just being too gentle with it.

edit: Another possibility might be that part #280 (slide stop/ejector) is damaged. If so, this is an easy fix you can do yourself and Kel-Tec will probably just send you the part for free. Look in your manual and compare your part to the picture, and see if the tip of the ejector is broken off.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:28:20 AM EDT
Thanks Pirate, i checked part #280, it's not broken or damaged. I'm yankin the hell outa it when i pull back but it won't eject the round. Strange, very strange. I guess as long as it ejects when fired i can't complain.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:50:06 AM EDT
Hmmm, i forgot to mention it wasn't ejecting with a round in the chamber and magazine out.

I just tried it with a loaded magazine and it ejects perfectly.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:45:35 AM EDT
It sounds an awful lot like an ejector problem. When the mag is loaded the rounds push up against the case/loaded round being extracted, acting like an ejector. With no magazine, it is entirely up to the ejector to pop the case out of the extractor and slide. I know you checked it, but maybe a second look at that part is worth the trouble?

A call to Kel-Tec might give you some ideas 800-515-9983. Be sure to ask for a gunsmith. They are very helpful making suggestions and sending out parts if necessary. You probably don't want to be without your P-32 for a month over this thing, so maybe they can help you fix it without sending it to Florida. The KTRange has some very knowledgeable posters who can probably get you fixed up - ask for Flyer in particular. Be sure to actually read their rules and follow them, as they keep newbies on a short leash there at first. KTOG has some good troubleshooters as well.

If you had a P-3AT or P-11 I could be of more help, but I have never owned a P-32 and the ejector system in it is different than their other pistols and I don't know it well.
Top Top