Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/30/2001 1:24:10 PM EDT
What a great little gun! At work, I strap it to my soft body armor, wear it in an ankle rig or stuff it in a pocket. It's the perfect gun for those Sunday morning (or afternoon depending on the Sat. night beer factor) trips to the 7/11 for a paper/coffee. Just throw it in your sweat pant waistband in a little Uncle Mikes cheapy holster, and you are good to go.

I personally like to stoke it with standard ball ammo, as the HP stuff is prone to clog with clothes in cooler months.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 6:55:23 AM EDT
If the HPs clog with clothing, in a round about way, be the same as ball ammo? With the HPs at least you have the chance of expansion where with the ball you have none. [:\]

BKVic
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:34:03 AM EDT
I'm scratching my head

In what manner are you referring to when you say "CLOG".

BTW: I use nothing but Siver Tips with no FTF.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:59:31 AM EDT
What he's saying is if he has to shoot a bad guy and it's cold out and the bad guy has on a winter jacket ect, that as the hollow point punches through the clothing it will fill with clothing causing it not to expand.

BKVic
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 11:28:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/11/2001 11:24:49 AM EDT by M1A-A1]

Originally Posted By BKVic:
What he's saying is if he has to shoot a bad guy and it's cold out and the bad guy has on a winter jacket ect, that as the hollow point punches through the clothing it will fill with clothing causing it not to expand.

BKVic

Thanks...I understand now. I also tend to go along with your theory!!!

Edited to say: What "cooler" weather ??? I live in a Freakin Desert
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 4:47:58 PM EDT
I quit carrying silver tips after reading some threads regarding the limited expansion of the silvertips. Now I carry the fiocci SJHP.

The P32 shoots soooooo much smoother and more accurately than my first pocket gun, the NAA Guardian. Plus it's a helluva lot slimmer and lighter and easier to carry. Probably the best backup gun and low-risk scenario primary gun I've ever owned.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:57:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/12/2001 7:52:01 AM EDT by rifle-cop624]
It's all about penetration in the winter. The .32 is a mouse round anyway so my feeling is, that I stoke with ball ammo, and it will get into some tissue instead of just punching into goose down. When the HP's clog with material, they loose a good bit of velocity, and may not even reach the vitals on the threat. Hell, it's not my primary gun, but I want just a little more penetration with a smaller round.
We carry 124 gr. 9mm Hydrashoks on my dept. and our guys typically have to fire more rounds in a gunfight to stop the threat with a round that size. Based on that experience, for winter carry with the smaller .32 cartridge, I like the ball. Personal pref., nothing more.
Top Top