Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 4:52:35 PM EDT
Are the spent shells supposed to be ejected straight up and back?  I was just at the range today and I was getting hit in the back of the neck by brass!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:36:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The P3AT tends to eject brass rather vigorously.  As the recoil springs wear, it can get worse.  Many call Kel-Tec and just ask for replacements after 500 rounds or so.  They are generally sent for free if yuo ask for a gunsmith.hitnot the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a good possibility that I was limp wristing it.  I put several hundred rounds through as a break in.  Some of those were rapid fire(ouch) so that could be the reason for it.

Only had one failure to chamber when it was really dirty so I see no reason to worry about its reliability.
It sure is a lot of fun but hard on the wrist after the first 200 rounds
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The FTF issue was probably just crud (as you said), but a new set of springs might help, especially if you are putting 200 rounds/session through the little guy.  I love mine.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I get a lot of brass going up and behind me as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top