Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2017 10:49:59 PM EDT
Picked up a Gen 2 Sub2000 9mm G17 last week. Ordered some parts
From MCARBO.com. Extended mag release, trigger spring kit, aluminum trigger, cocking knob cover and a screw kit. Put everything in today and everything feels great. Trigger is a big improvement. Anyone on the fence about upgrading, I would definitely recommend it. Getting out on Thursday, plan on running it a bit.
Stay Safe.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics pls.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Pics
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes Pics please.
Just ordered one and have not received it yet.
Already ordered the tube cover and extended bolt handle.
Waiting on the gun to see what other upgrades I may want.
Sounds like a trigger kit may definitely be in order.
Possibly a mount for a red dot as well?
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I did Metal Feed Ramp, Metal Trigger and Spring Kit.
I passed on the metal trigger guard, non-strip screws, charging handle, etc.

Shot last weekend, and it really turns the thing into a different gun.
IMO metal trigger and spring kit are MUST dos on this gun; doubt the metal feed ramp is necessary, but I opted to put it in since I'd have the gun apart.

I also took a drill bit and slightly enlarged the peep aperture on the stock sight.

Pro-Tip - be thoughtful about what upgrades you want to install; I only want to take that gun down that far ONCE.  It's not Rubik's cube, but not something I want to be doing often.  On reassembly, it is likely one of the spring legs pops out the back of the receiver slightly, creating a 1/16th of an inch gap in the back of the receiver/grip.  Use a flat bladed screwdriver to push this spring back in as a last step while you're closing the halves of the receiver together - this step is shown in the MCarbo video, but is easily overlooked.

***  $$ savings ALET  *** - You don't need the buffer collar wrench, just use cheap harbor freight rubber strap wrench - although it has threads, the collar doesn't really thread onto the back of the receiver, more of a push-fit.  I used clear nail polish on the collar threads and all screw threads in lieu of blue loctite.

No pics, because mine is otherwise stock, the changes I made would not wow you in photo - they sure as hell would wow you if you were shooting bone stock and felt the difference in trigger pull.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Neat.  Am waiting on my new bbl.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 9:00:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a 1st Gen chrome Beretta 9m version.

The metal feed ramp is interesting.  I've always worried about he long term health of a plastic feed ramp.  If they had the trigger bar in stock, i would have probably ordered that, spring kit and feed ramp. As stated, it is a pain to tear down the rifle.  I've done it a few times for painting and repairs.

I'm the opposite on this.  I wish somebody would come out with a rear sight for screw in apertures.  I find the rear peep hole too big.  I do love the TANDEMKROSS fiberoptic front site.

Quoted:
I also took a drill bit and slightly enlarged the peep aperture on the stock sight.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#7]
It's plastic.  Screw in an aperture.  Not much room to fold, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top