Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2016 1:36:29 AM EDT
Well, actually glow sights, but still pretty cool. I had been working on a completely unrelated hobby in which I was using a strontium aluminate (glow powder) mixed into a 2 part transparent epoxy. Anyway, I had a shooting friend over looking at it, and he said "you know that would make cool night sight paint for glow sights."  I told him thanks and I should have thought of that as I wished my PF9 had night sights. So I had to wait a week or so til I made up a green batch, and took a toothpick and dripped a drop to each of the 3 dished out white dots on the sights. The actual amount in each sits flush and is no longer dished out.  Anyway, the dots are still white in the day, and with a quick charge of daylight, high lumen flashlight, etc.. these sights glow brighter than (at least perceived by my eyes) smaller tritium tubes for about 2-3 hours, and than fade off for the next 5-7 hours depending on the initial light up charge. in any case they last a long time and brighter compared to typical luminescence style or painted ones I've used in the past.

Anyway, here are some crummy pics (sorry camera was really acting up) where you can see the daylight (just white dots), dim lit room, and finally a mostly dark room. I'm really happy with how they turned out and actually work.

"
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#1]
How long do they glow?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top