Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2014 2:21:06 PM EDT
A friend of mine  gifted me a P40.  How cool is that?  

Seems his wife isn't all that gun friendly after all and she didn't like it.  I offered to look around and find out what price he should ask, but then he said he'd rather give it to me than have it go to someone that might misuse it.  Sweet!  

Anyway, I want to do something nice for him.  Something roughly equivalent in value kind of nice, and I'm not sure what they're worth.  

I know the P40 is a beefed up P11, and that they don't make em any more.  Anybody got experience recently buying or selling one?
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A friend of mine  gifted me a P40.  How cool is that?  

Seems his wife isn't all that gun friendly after all and she didn't like it.  I offered to look around and find out what price he should ask, but then he said he'd rather give it to me than have it go to someone that might misuse it.  Sweet!  

Anyway, I want to do something nice for him.  Something roughly equivalent in value kind of nice, and I'm not sure what they're worth.  

I know the P40 is a beefed up P11, and that they don't make em any more.  Anybody got experience recently buying or selling one?
View Quote

Buddy/co-worker is big on them.  You can buy 9mm conversion kits on them.  I've shot a few of his and the felt recoil is stout.  They are niche gun and not super popular hence why KT quit making them.  

They sell for a decent price on places like Gunbroker because there just aren't that many of them around.  

A quick search shows none for sale on Gun Broker.    Id venture to say you could sell one for 350-400 in decent shape to the right person.  YMMV
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  Looks like this is more than a few cases of beer.  More like a case of scotch....
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#3]
The barrel is unobtainium,you could sell that off and convert to the 9mm
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The barrel is unobtainium,you could sell that off and convert to the 9mm
View Quote

Interdasting.  Would it be just a bbl swap or would I need different magazines?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Different mags and slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top