Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2013 5:07:39 PM EDT
So I found one today NIB at my LGS....  Did not take it home becasue it was marked up to $1700.  Should I have passed it up with current craziness?  The MSRP on that gun from Kel Tech is $1200.  Are they in short supply to demand such a mark up?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw one at a recent gunshow NIB for $3k. No takers.
Only other one I ever saw was $1425 used.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#2]
They are in very short supply.  Read a few weeks ago, they were going to adjust the retail price once they catch up on manufacturing.  Not worth the price at your LGS.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They are in very short supply.  Read a few weeks ago, they were going to adjust the retail price once they catch up on manufacturing.  Not worth the price at your LGS.

They are worried about a ban and not recouping development costs was the reason I heard.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are worried about a ban and not recouping development costs was the reason I heard.

They are being economically dumb.

They need to bump up the price on ALL of their hard to get firearms to the point that they aren't hard to get anymore.  Which, would mean no changes in production, and a bunch more $$$ for them.  Then they could conservatively expand in a way that makes sense to them.

Right now they can't expand.  And all their interesting guns are snapped up and flipped by someone ELSE who makes the profit on the secondary market.

I like their guns, and I'd buy more if I could.   But I won't buy knowing $1500 of profit is going to some person who was basically just lucky enough to get it to flip.

Kel Tec is being really stupid on this.  "Worrying about expanding too fast" excuse only goes so far when the profit margin is slim.  The profit margin now is NOT SLIM.  An extra thousand on every KSG they build would go a long way toward buying new machines, training a few workers and paying for a little more over time.
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 10:46:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Per Kel-tec's site, the MSRP is now $1197 from where it was originally @ $800-880. I agree that the prices are to high, insanely high! I have been seeing them on Gunbroker anywhere from $1500 (bidding) and up to $3000 buy it now. I will wait and see.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, i will wait it out as well.... these prices are nuts.  Glad i did not impulse buy!
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, i will wait it out as well.... these prices are nuts.  Glad i did not impulse buy!

Me too. But that ksg is badass. Eventually I will have one
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I've actually passed on 3 of them at good prices when they first came out. I'm not impressed and can't justify the cost.
I like my 870's and would rather buy 3-4 maybe 5 and set them up with extension tubes over the cost of one KSG. That way if one has problems, not likely,  I have a few backups and parts. What happens to that cool KSG when you need a part to keep it running. If SHTF. I'd rather be looking for 870 parts then KSG parts.
Link Posted: 4/15/2013 1:10:11 AM EDT
[#9]
local gun show had it for $1200......
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've actually passed on 3 of them at good prices when they first came out. I'm not impressed and can't justify the cost.
I like my 870's and would rather buy 3-4 maybe 5 and set them up with extension tubes over the cost of one KSG. That way if one has problems, not likely,  I have a few backups and parts. What happens to that cool KSG when you need a part to keep it running. If SHTF. I'd rather be looking for 870 parts then KSG parts.
View Quote

Not every gun is a SHTF gun.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They need to bump up the price on ALL of their hard to get firearms to the point that they aren't hard to get anymore.  Which, would mean no changes in production, and a bunch more $$$ for them.  Then they could conservatively expand in a way that makes sense to them.
Right now they can't expand.  And all their interesting guns are snapped up and flipped by someone ELSE who makes the profit on the secondary market.

I like their guns, and I'd buy more if I could.   But I won't buy knowing $1500 of profit is going to some person who was basically just lucky enough to get it to flip.

Kel Tec is being really stupid on this.  "Worrying about expanding too fast" excuse only goes so far when the profit margin is slim.  The profit margin now is NOT SLIM.  An extra thousand on every KSG they build would go a long way toward buying new machines, training a few workers and paying for a little more over time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried the same line and got admonished by my local gunstore owner who had just talked to them about this same thing, they ARE expanding right now, Demand is the greater factor at play here. Oh and they still have a KSG for sale a the shop.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I just purchased mine at my LGS for $1000 this past Saturday.  He said his distributer made him buy 5 other rifles to get the KSG.  I also heard the same from another local dealer, he had to purchase 2 other rifles to get a KSG.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#13]
It seems like prices have came down on these. A guy I work with just bought one for 1k. That seems the going rate now.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#14]
if your going to spend that much just get srm 1216
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It seems like prices have came down on these. A guy I work with just bought one for 1k. That seems the going rate now.
View Quote

As well as the demand. My LGS has a black and a FDE model that's been sitting on their shelves for several weeks. They're around a grand each, but no takers.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That isnt hearsay. They published a letter to all dealers to explain. But the ban scare is gone and they kept the increased price the same. It went from $600 to over $800 iirc (dealer costs)
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:11:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Portland oregon gun show...4 ksgs on Friday. All priced at $899.  There were only 3 after I left.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Local gunship has one every couple of weeks 799$
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I saw a couple at the local gun show last month
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I know a guy that paid 600 for one at a gun show....... just pay attention and be patient.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:29:38 AM EDT
[#22]
MSRP is 990.

they are being sold constantly NIB on gunbroker for 700-800 ( the bronze and FDE versions as well)
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I am seeing them online for 750-900 consistently, which is far below what I paid in August of '13. No way anyone should be paying over 1k now.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#24]
I put one on layaway in Sept '14 at my LGS. I was given a LE discount which it was $900.00 brand new. They ordered it and it arrived about a week later. Per the ser# and Kel-tec themself, it was born Sept of 2014. I have seen them advertised for about $799 but I need layaway so $900 was not so bad.
I should have it home in the beginning of Jan 2015.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Bought one last for $750, fun to play with. Just read where keltec is increasing production to at least 1000 a week They will soon be everywhere, be patient
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top