Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/18/2003 5:01:12 PM EDT
I am looking at getting a CZ-75. I basically am a recreational shooter, but do go to IPSC shoot occasionally. I was wondering if it is worth the extra $300-$500 to get the IPSC version?

I know that the regular CZ can be used in IDPA, so that might be a bonus, because those are now being held in my area.

But what are the major benefits of the IPSC version?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:02:01 PM EDT
I think a lot of guys have CZ's here (including myself) but I believe the bulk of the knowledge is at the actual CZ forum. A lot moee active than here. Lots-o-info there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:09:01 AM EDT
Definitely check out the CZ Forums. (www.czforum.com). There is a wealth of CZ knowlege over there. They'll CZertainly help you out!

Whatever CZ you get, I'm sure you'll like it!

Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:08:49 PM EDT
CZ 75 hicaps are relatively cheap - $30-40 ea.

Don't know if the IDPA version can use them.

Keep in mind the whole purpose of IDPA - self-defense practice WITHOUT getting into the equipment race.

Will you carry a CZ 75 or equivalent for CCW???
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 7:31:32 PM EDT
Having shot a bunch of CZ's

They are accurate as a sig,
Reliable as a glock/hk/whatever you name
And cost relatively little.

One of my friends who shoots IPSC, uses a standard CZ .45acp...
and regulary beets the others

the standard 75 should suffice
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:39:57 AM EDT
I ordered two hicaps from a guy offa gunbroker.com for $45 SHIPPED. Not a bad deal.

Since I have the standard 75B, I can use it in IDPA, however, I can only load 10 rounds in each mag.

The IPSC is a bit more tuned, but I'm pretty sure they take the same mags.

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:48:31 AM EDT
I shoot a CZ75 Compact it is very accurate and tight it is also my cary gun. It is a little heavy but its reliability and accuracy outweight the weight. GOOOOOOOOD GUN.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:26:34 AM EDT
I carry a CZ75DB loaded with 124gr speer gold dots.I use 115gr Fiocchi & Winchester at the range. I reworked the action myself when I got the gun last year, and its slicker than s**t. Never a FTE, I love it, handles like a dream.If there was a gun I would replace it would be this one....and I have a collection of other makes,but im just overly impressed with the CZ75.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:57:51 PM EDT
Own a CZ-75b...
Great shooter, and almost half the price of Glocks/SIGs and the like...

Low muzzle bore/trigger ratio equates to less felt recoil...

I've owned (2) SIG's, but I get better groups with my CZ...

Looking to buy a Compact version for conceal-carry...

Top Top