Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 3:20:19 PM EDT
I'm helping my Dad out with this. He just bought the CZ75 BD, and wants to start shooting IPSC with it, but the mags are not dropping  when released, you have to pull it the rest of the way out with your hand. He checked with the selling dealer where he bought it, and they had no clue, but will look into it, but there going out of town for a week. I read something elsewhere about a drop free kit, but no idea what it is or how it works, and nothing on CZ's website that I could find.

Whats your guy's experiance with this?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
That is perfectly normal for the 75BD. The only CZ's with the straight mag brake are the SA, P-01, SP-01, 85 Combat, and the fancy competition guns. If you look at the back side of the mag well you will see a flat piece of steel called a mag brake. On the 75BD and most others this piece is bent outward to retain the mag. It can be set up for drop free operation simply by bending it inward so it lays flat. The easiest way I've found to do this is:
1. Field strip the gun
2. Remove the grip panels
3. The mag brake  is retained by two pins, one top and one bottom. You are best off leaving the bottom pin in and just punching out the top pin.
4. With the brake free on the top side take some needle nose pliers and slowly bend the convex part of the brake inward till it lays flat. Be careful as it is easy to break this thin metal.
5. When it looks flat replace the top pin and make sure your mags drop free before putting everything back together.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Ah ok makes sense now. Got it apart and see exactly what your talking about. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The only CZ's with the straight mag brake are the SA, P-01, SP-01, 85 Combat, and the fancy competition guns.

Add the CZ 75B in .40 caliber to this list.

--
Mike
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The only CZ's with the straight mag brake are the SA, P-01, SP-01, 85 Combat, and the fancy competition guns.

Add the CZ 75B in .40 caliber to this list.

--
Mike

my pcr drops mags to the floor though i generally don't let them cause that rubber pad makes them bounce in odd directions--once i let it drop by accident and it went down range a few feet.  i had to be creative about finding a way to retrieve it without crossing the firing line.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Well it works great now. He just bent the mag break flat, just like Gary-G23 said to do. He called CZ jsut before i let him know this, and they told him the same thing. They said just take it out completely before bending. No problems whatsoever, and was very easy.

Thanks for the help!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top