Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 7:58:09 AM EDT
**EDIT - fixed picture linkage

First-time CZ owner.  I was researching a 9mm semi-auto when an opportunity came up locally for this baby.  It's in excellent shape!  Sure does fit the hand nicely.  We'll see how she shoots next week.

Here for pic

Can I use metal polish to really make the barrel shine?  It's about 15 years old and, while nice and solid (no rust) it is a little dull.  I dont want to chrome it out or anything, just bring it back to original luster.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Great, thanks!

Anyway, put my first 100 rounds through it.  Probably FTE 2-3 times per mag.  Really frustrating.  However, first shot I made (15yd) was a perfect bullseye - guys next to me came over to see what the hell I was shooting. Surprised myself.  Guy at the shop said it looked a little dry, probably from sitting unused for a long time (prev. owner).  I took it home and really gave it the works.  Hopefully a proper oiling will fix the FTE.  If not it's on to extractor and spring I guess..?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I put a Wolff extractor spring in every CZ I acquire. From experience I believe this is a wise thing to do. Be sure and clean out the junk in the extractor channel.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:27:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats. CZs are my favorite. I polished my 40B barrel. Start with 400 then 600 then 800 then 1000. Remember you do not want to take material off but just polish it. I might even start with 600 or 800 and skip the 400. There is realy no need to I was just board so I did it. I would get some new mags and replace the extractor spring as mentioned and the recoil spring with some Wolff springs and som new springs in the old mags would probably work well also. Springs Springs.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:26:27 AM EDT
[#4]
that mags likely need a good cleaning too.  so far i haven't found any issue with my 75pcr so i don't know how necessary the wolff springs are.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#5]
How would you clean the mags, i.e. which surfaces are most important?  I would guess the inside faces and the underside of the curved lip that keeps the round in place.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Take the mags apart - clean the inside of the mag body & follower.  Wipe down the springs (I just lay my springs on some newspaper & spray them w/ Remoil, then wipe them down w/ paper towels).

+1 for cleaning out the extractor channel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top