Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 3:06:47 PM EDT
This looks like an interesting pistol, and might be an alternative to the various 1911's and HK/SIG nigh dollar .45 pistols out there............anyone have one?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup, I have one.
Big ol' bear of a pistol.  Alot of fun to shoot, despite the overall size.
My g/f is a petite 4 ft 11 in, and she loves it. The heft and bulk reduce recoil for her.
FIST make holsters for em, although I am yet to find a thigh rig, where this gun might ride best.
Not exactly a carry kind of gun, unless your built like an M1A Abrams.
Pretty accurate, although mine doesnt have the best of triggers on it.
It may go to CZ-USA for some of Mike's handywork.
Mine runs great, and I think it will be in my safe for a while to come.
Never had any malfunctions in maybe 600 rds, despite using mostly Win White Box ammo.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply...........what do they run? I am looking at something as an alternative to a 1911, is it double action?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I paid about $ 425 for mine used, with 5 mags, I believe.
New, they are more in the 500 range with 2 sticks.
Yes, they are double/single action, frame safety.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:25:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Fantastic pistol and very accurate. They should run about $500 now. One of the best .45s out there in my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive had my 97B for about a year and a half,and IMHO its a fantastic pistol.Only upgrade I did to mine was to install a Wolff 16# recoil spring and a lanyard loop from a 75B.
DA trigger pull on mine was a bit gritty at first but smoothed out after a couple hundred rounds.SA trigger pull is and has always been outstanding.
Very accurate pistol.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#7]
The CZ 97B is a very soft shooting pistol, generally because of it's size.  Accurate and reliable.  Still one of the better deals in a quality .45.

--
Mike
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:03:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Tangfolio Witness in .45.  I bought it the same day I picked up a USP.45.  To me the Tangfolio is a MUCH nicer gun to shoot and live with.  The Tangfolio is an Italian made CZ copy.  I use it all the time and rarely take out the USP now.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have a Tangfolio Witness in .45.  I bought it the same day I picked up a USP.45.  To me the Tangfolio is a MUCH nicer gun to shoot and live with.  The Tangfolio is an Italian made CZ copy.  I use it all the time and rarely take out the USP now.

but the HK is ......... LOL
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#10]
every year i pray to the SHOT show gods that they will release the 97 in 10mm.....im disappointed every year
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top