Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/28/2006 12:51:59 PM EDT
I was replacing the recoil spring in my brand spankin' new Compact, and found the recoil spring was plastic. What the hell? Is there anywhere to get a metal one? The only thing I can find is a steel thing that replaces not only the guide rod, but the recoil spring as well with one single unit that does both. I'm not looking to spend $100 on a new guide rod though, and I just got my new recoil spring.

I received from Wolff a recoil spring, and a firing pin spring. How do I get the firing pin spring in? The manual tells me how to get the bolt out, but I seem to be doing something wrong. It doesn't want to budge.

Where can I get some tritium low profile sights? Novak doesn't have any on their site, and neither does TruGlo. I'm not a big fan of Meprolite. I really like the Extreme Duty Adjustable sights that Novak has. I was pissed though when I found them. I had that idea while laying in bed the other night, but somebody already did it. Anyway, if those could be modified to fit a CZ 75 Compact, I'd be on them in a half-second.

I put a 22 pound recoil spring in my pistol because I had 1,000 rounds of 9mm NATO ammo, which is loaded quite hot. After about 550 rounds, I had my first failure to feed with it, but the only one I had all day. The bullet stayed at a slight angle and wouldn't go all the way into battery. Pulled the slide back a half-inch, let it go and it went right in. Not an uncommon error, as I've had it many times before with other peoples' guns. With the 26 rounds of Cor-bon +P 9mm JHPs though, I had two failure to feeds on the 9th round of a 14 round mag, two mags in a row. The bullet would be at an extreme angle when leaving the magazine, and not able to go into battery. Could this be caused by the high weight of the recoil spring?

My magazines don't drop free. I know that's how it's designed, but how do I change that? I have read of people cutting parts out from under the grips, but I'm wary of doing anything to my brand new baby.

This is also my first pistol and hopefully my concealed carry weapon when the paperwork gets back...if it'll feed hollowpoints. With the 676 rounds I put through it yesterday, I'm extremely happy with it. I'd like to get the little things taken care of, though.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:53:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:06:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RS39:
The bits on my '99 are all metal.. There's a spring plate that can be swapped at the rear of the mag well for drop-free. Can't help you on the function, as nothing has tripped mine up yet.

PS- adding the Kadet kit for cheap practice with the same frame and trigger is nice, along with the factory 25 rnd mags to complete the package

Where can I find this spring plate for the magwell? That sounds like somethin' I wanna do.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:19:09 PM EDT
Actually, you can bend the plate with a pair of pliers and it works just as well. You may have to sand/cut off a small portion at the bottom. After bending it straight, the plate is a little long. I did this to mine, and it worked very well.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:19:48 PM EDT
Oh, the plate is at the back of the grip. Take off the grip panels and you should be able to see it easily.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:31:48 PM EDT
Check this place out.

http://www.jackashcustom.com/
Top Top