Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 3:03:06 PM EDT
How similar are these two?

By comparing the two based on the description on their website, they in many ways seem to be quite the same.  Same dimensions, weight.  By their pictures, the decockder/safety lever looks slightly different cosmetically, as does the slide release.  Of course, the P01 also has the rail up front.

I suppose my biggest question is on how the P-01 is presented.  Is it built under much scrutiny than the 75 D Compact?  Based on their description, the P-01 seems to be built to much higher standards of durability, reliability, as well as overall tolerances for greater accuracy.  Is this the case...a "Cadillac" version of its 75D compact sibling?  Or are the only differences the sights, rail, and minor differences in the slide release and decocker cosmetics, leaving overall build quality the same.

Thank you for your time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I can tell you that my P01 has been fantastic but so have all my other CZs. Personaly I am thinking about a CZ75B compact because I would like the manual saftey and the cocked and locked capability that the decocker does not have. From the ones I have seen some of the frames on the compacts are steel and not alloy like the P01 but they have all been quality pistols that I have seen and accurate. I have heard some of the internals may be harder on the p01 but I am not sure.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:22:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I originally purchesed the 75-D PCR modle three years ago as an assentive to have something unique, CZ USA had scheduled to end production of the gun when the PO1 was released.  

Well popularity for the 75-D prevailed here in the USA, production continued which was nice little bonus. The 75-D is an awesome hand gun for its size and the fourteen round mag in such a medium frame pistol is impressive.  

The PO1 is impressive too, but i wish CZ would have incorperated the novak style rear sight and chamber load indicator pin on the slide strap that was standard issue on the 75-D.  Yes, the newer PO1 has the light rail, extended slide release, and is NSN, NATO, approved which is hard to compete with other pistols in the same size catagory.   One day i will buy the PO1 but for now the 75-D and 75BD are may first chioces for cc carry and range fire.  CZ rocks and sets the standard. !!        
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top