Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2017 3:25:18 PM EDT
I have a P-07 Duty that is not quite a Duty...  It has the three-dot metal sights and is stamped SDN Mexico and apparently is part of a cancelled Mexican defense force contract.  Anyone know the story behind these and why they're sporting a design that hasn't been available for about the last three years?  Was CZ cleaning out some parts bins and the Mexican Government figured out their shenanigans and cancelled?  

Not complaining, I think they're pretty neat and I am not all hot to trot over the Gen 2's minor changes and the price was right.  Just curious what the story is, virtually no discussion about it on the Internet.  Just places that have it for sale.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw one for sale today locally, noticed sdn Mexico
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Fast and furious reverse sting?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Not the best images, but best I can get until daylight.  Note that it has the DUTY aka Gen 1 features: more aggressive beavertail, front slide has the sharp edges and no serrations, ring hammer, and no changeable backstraps.  It does however have the metal three-dots of the Gen 2, and is stamped SDN Mexico above the trigger guard.  Definitely an interesting gun.  They are for sale fairly inexpensively right now at mid 300s to low 400s depending on where you go.  I really like how it fits in the hand, and I have a lot of handguns so when I say it's one of the best fitting that's saying something.  Only fly in the ointment is that the longer beavertail digs into my belly and sides when I carry IWB, and the lanyard isn't great for that either.  Rather than mess with something that can be a conversation piece I am just going to get a Gen 2 to carry and keep this one pristine.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a P07 that has SDN Mexico D.F. on it. As I understand, that equals:

Secretaria de la Defensa Nacional Mexico Distrito Federal

I have seen it stated online in various forums that this would indicate it was intended for the Mexican Federal Police, of the Federal District (Mexico City). There have been various CZ's and S&W's sold in the US over the years that appear to be from cancelled contracts.

Mine has the Gen 2 Sights, Gen 1 frame, round hammer, and the slide is finished in a rougher phosphate-like finish. Also, the mags have the Gen 2 floorplates. It was a good deal though, for a nice pistol!
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got a P07 that has SDN Mexico D.F. on it. As I understand, that equals:

Secretaria de la Defensa Nacional Mexico Distrito Federal

I have seen it stated online in various forums that this would indicate it was intended for the Mexican Federal Police, of the Federal District (Mexico City). There have been various CZ's and S&W's sold in the US over the years that appear to be from cancelled contracts.

Mine has the Gen 2 Sights, Gen 1 frame, round hammer, and the slide is finished in a rougher phosphate-like finish. Also, the mags have the Gen 2 floorplates. It was a good deal though, for a nice pistol!
View Quote
My biggest question is why they're the older style handguns that haven't been on the market for three years now.  Maybe a long running contract for those exact pistols that were left over?
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe like mil-spec they require no changes to the approved design.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw a few of those on GB last night when I was browsing through the P07 offerings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top