Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2017 5:31:09 AM EDT
How many people have had these issues?  I love my P10C but if I start seeing more of these I might go back to the trusty G19:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1jZiqTad3I&t=0s
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:10:28 AM EDT
[#1]
There has been a few at CZF who said they had it happen, with the slide cover slipping down. One guy make some small radius cuts on the plastic slide cover and it never happened again. It is very odd.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:16:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Not hot linking should be an account lock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1jZiqTad3I&t=0s

CZ P10C Review & Torture Test - Is it Reliable?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:39:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought I did

Yeah this is unfortunately though....
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:07:57 AM EDT
[#4]
LMFAO!!

Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I wonder what changes CZ will be updating to the P10 series of pistols.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I doubt the validity of these 'torture' tests.
If I treated my weapon like that, my grandfather & father would both come back and spank my ass for it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:45:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I doubt the validity of these 'torture' tests.
If I treated my weapon like that, my grandfather & father would both come back and spank my ass for it.
View Quote
For the most part most people do not treat a weapon like this.  But LEO may find themselves in a situation where the sidearm they carry is exposed to these similar conditions.  Think about an officer in Florida that ends up in the everglades or in Louisiana in the swamp.  An officer responding to a call in an area that has been hit by a hurricane that is flooding.  For most people this is not realistic as we do not face these conditions but some people it can happen.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Has their test gun been taken apart and refinished before testing? Doesn't look factory.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:05:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Has their test gun been taken apart and refinished before testing? Doesn't look factory.
View Quote
He states in the video that it's a cerakoted model that's only offered by them.

As to the video - that's a very odd malfunction.  I certainly haven't seen it.  However, I'll keep an eye on how mine performs.  Also, with that guy I'm always a touch skeptical.  He seems to be conveniently placed at the heart of a ton of controversy.  Even before the Fireclean = crisco debacle, he had a couple of very controversial events.  Must be the human sh*t magnet.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:50:53 AM EDT
[#10]
The only reason why I'm listening this video is because this is the same guy who made public the Sig P320 drop safety malfunction.  I've also followed his Vuurwapen Blog for years and find his reviews objective and honest.  I found another post here with another member having the same issues but fixed it himself after sending it to CZ once: P-10-C After 4962 Rounds

Quoted:
Sorry for the lack of update!

They were extremely apologetic and offered to warranty it again. Since I didn't want to be without the gun for another month I fixed it myself. I put a set in the short end of the curl of the spring to make it want to trend inward into the locking block and it seems to have solved the problem. 350 rounds in the last two weeks since I did it with no issues.

I honestly think the spring bending jig/press/program they use needs just a touch of tweaking. The spring issue doesn't seem to be a terribly widespread issue, or maybe I'm just really hard on guns.

Being a manufacturer/armorer/gunsmith and having zero fucks makes me want to just fix shit myself. At least I got two extra mags from then the first gun was replaced.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 1:15:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks.  Just looked at pic.  Didn't bother to watch video.  

As an LEO for twenty years in an urban environment, the worst my gun has gone through is dirty river water.  Didn't have to shoot but gun cleaned up fine.  Nothing slimy got in.  I didn't get mine yet (suppressor version).  My brother has one, I will ask him if he experienced any issues.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:16:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The only reason why I'm listening this video is because this is the same guy who made public the Sig P320 drop safety malfunction.  I've also followed his Vuurwapen Blog for years and find his reviews objective and honest.  I found another post here with another member having the same issues but fixed it himself after sending it to CZ once: P-10-C After 4962 Rounds
View Quote
This member?

The gun is still fine. I'm probably going to sell it, not because I don't like it, but because my department is going to Gen 5 Glocks so I'm going to center my carry stuff around them.

I'm sure someone will want a factory 91522.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not hot linking should be an account lock
View Quote
Only members can hotlink. It is not possible for him to hotlink.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 5:30:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
@Simms13 Pick me! Pick me!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This member?

The gun is still fine. I'm probably going to sell it, not because I don't like it, but because my department is going to Gen 5 Glocks so I'm going to center my carry stuff around them.

I'm sure someone will want a factory 91522.
@Simms13 Pick me! Pick me!
@olympic_cerakote Check your PMs
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:42:54 PM EDT
[#16]
It is quite clear Andrew from Omaha Outdoors is simply stirring up controversy over nothing. I too tried this with my gun. Bottom line, if there is a loaded magazine in the gun the slide returns to battery and the gun fires; the malfunction CANNOT occur in the gun when a loaded magazine is in the gun.

I have over 1000 rounds through my P-10 and I have never had anything resembling a malfunction. The malfunction Andrew is getting I can only make happen if I manually move the striker with my fingers. Even then, once I insert a loaded magazine and pull the slide back the gun goes into battery and fires away.

You will notice every time he shows the malfunction there is NOT a loaded mag in the gun. Even in the field test when it happens, there is no mag in the gun. Certainly not a loaded one. So what if you can make this malfunction happen without a loaded mag in the gun? I'm pretty sure you are not going to be shooting an unloaded gun. So what is the point of this???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top