Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2017 9:28:41 PM EDT
I first fell in love with CZ over a decade ago when shooting my BIL's CZ 75 compact (I think) All these years I have recommended them to friends to buy, but never bought my own. The time has come. I'm looking at the P-01 nor the p-01 Omega.

Can I get either of these with out the decocker?

I prefer sights like the Trijicon HD sights. Can I get something similar for those.

I prefer to mount a light on my gun as well. Will an X300 fit (already have a couple laying around), or would I need to get the XC1?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 10:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get a P01 Omega.  It'll have the rail for the light and you can switch the decockers over to safeties.

If you can find one, CZ released a few steel framed Compacts that look like the P01 (railed) and are safeties only (not Omega models).

The standard P01 is a decocker pistol.  Don't buy one if you want safeties.

The standard CZ 75 Compacts have a safety but no rail for the light.

I have a P01 Omega (the Urban Gray model) and a steel framed Compact with the rail.  

Can't say I prefer one over the other.  The Urban Gray model comes with night sights, but they are the tall suppressor slghts and the barrel is longer and threaded for a suppressor.

Good luck with whatever model you choose.

Oh, not sure about you light choice.  I've got a Streamlight TLR3 on my Urban Gray pistol.

As for the night sights, can't say about the trijicons.  I put meprolights on my steel framed compact.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 6:59:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Trigger fell on the regular is a wee bit better, but the web says that the simpler Omega is much easier to DIY if you want to add Cajun Gun Works hot rod bits.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can find a P-02 or get the Omega it can go both ways.

Either light will work the XC1 will fit better but the X300 will protrude past the muzzle but have more light.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The top of my Streamlight has the finish burnt off the lens cap/cover.  It was on an M&P .357 SIG for awhile.  Just clean/wipe off the cap/lens after you shoot it and you'll be alright.

P07 with the Streamlight sticking out in front of the muzzle.  That light is on a P09 now but still sticks out a little.

Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The top of my Streamlight has the finish burnt off the lens cap/cover.  It was on an M&P .357 SIG for awhile.  Just clean/wipe off the cap/lens after you shoot it and you'll be alright.

P07 with the Streamlight sticking out in front of the muzzle.  That light is on a P09 now but still sticks out a little.

https://i.imgur.com/IrfRdYol.jpg
View Quote
I normally wipe off my Surefire as soon as I'm done shooting. For the times I don't. A pencil eraser on the lens takes the carbon right off.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you can find a P-02 or get the Omega it can go both ways.

Either light will work the XC1 will fit better but the X300 will protrude past the muzzle but have more light.
View Quote
It looks like the P-02 is the one I want. Now to find a gun that's rarely made...
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Closest I've seen to HD's are the Tru Glow TFX Pro. Still has fiber optics in the rear sight but no outline and a u notch.

https://www.amazon.com/TruGlo-TG13CZ1PC-Brite-Site-TFX-Pro/dp/B018IP4GVM/ref=sr_1_5?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1507242209&sr=1-5&keywords=tfx+pro
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Closest I've seen to HD's are the Tru Glow TFX Pro. Still has fiber optics in the rear sight but no outline and a u notch.

https://www.amazon.com/TruGlo-TG13CZ1PC-Brite-Site-TFX-Pro/dp/B018IP4GVM/ref=sr_1_5?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1507242209&sr=1-5&keywords=tfx+pro
View Quote
I've always been interested in these, I may have to get a set and try them out. Thanks! I also saw in the CZ custom shop they have a front blade with a tritium insert and gold inlay around the insert. I may have to check that out too.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
The P01 Omega is worth beating the bushes for even if you have to pay a little extra.
  I had a regular decocker version with a bunch of Cajun Gun Works parts. Not that I didn't love it but I just generally don't like decocker pistols.
  Right now I have the urban Grey suppressor-ready I absolutely love it.  I'm probably going to get another Barrel and low profile sights so I can carry it concealed.  I do have a suppressor for it but I'm willing to sacrifice the high sights  and just swap barrels when I want to use it suppressed.
   I'm sure if you look at the auction sites the CZ forums and all that you'll find one at some point.
   If I could only keep one of my 9mm pistols it would be the omega CZ
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The P01 Omega is worth beating the bushes for even if you have to pay a little extra.
  I had a regular decocker version with a bunch of Cajun Gun Works parts. Not that I didn't love it but I just generally don't like decocker pistols.
  Right now I have the urban Grey suppressor-ready I absolutely love it.  I'm probably going to get another Barrel and low profile sights so I can carry it concealed.  I do have a suppressor for it but I'm willing to sacrifice the high sights  and just swap barrels when I want to use it suppressed.
   I'm sure if you look at the auction sites the CZ forums and all that you'll find one at some point.
   If I could only keep one of my 9mm pistols it would be the omega CZ
View Quote
I am the opposite I prefer a decocker I do not believe pistols should have safeties except SAO pistols.  Decocker is more better.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I am the opposite I prefer a decocker I do not believe pistols should have safeties except SAO pistols.  Decocker is more better.
View Quote
My first handgun was a 220 around 1986.  I wholeheartedly agree with you.

One reason why the CZ is kind of a new find for me.  Seems to combine the best of both worlds with a 1911 feel with DA/SA operation with decocker.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My first handgun was a 220 around 1986.  I wholeheartedly agree with you.

One reason why the CZ is kind of a new find for me.  Seems to combine the best of both worlds with a 1911 feel with DA/SA operation with decocker.
View Quote
Like a BHP had a child with a 1911.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't mind a decocker. I have a Sig P225 A-1 I shoot very well in both single and double action, I just prefer single action. I shoot it better (as do most) Just a personal preference.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don't mind a decocker. I have a Sig P225 A-1 I shoot very well in both single and double action, I just prefer single action. I shoot it better (as do most) Just a personal preference.
View Quote
I have a Cajun job done to my CZs and the DA is so slick and even at 6-7# I like having the option to decock with out dropping a hammer.  To each his own and the a safety models you can convert with a drop in trigger to SAO.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Like a BHP had a child with a 1911.
View Quote
I picked up a local scorpion on a FTF deal.  We were checking out each other handguns, and the seller had what I believe was a PCR.  

No lie, when I held it, it was the kind of love I felt when I held my first Hi Power.  When I worked the decocker on that CZ in my hands, my first thought was the gun was the love child of a BHP and a P220/226

Now that I have those Lokgrips on the CZ, it's unbelievable.

And to elaborate my view between safeties and decockers, the biggest safety IMO is keeping your finger off the trigger.  Guns do not go off by themselves.  Once the gun is drawn saftey, shouldn't be on to begin with.  But as you mentioned, it's whatever your personally prefer.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:17:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I could be wrong, but it seems like I've read that you can get a nicer trigger (work and parts) on a safety model vs. the decocker models.  Supposed to be easier to work on, too - if you are the type that works on your own pistols.

All mine are safety models.

I've only converted one to SAO, one of those compacts with the railed steel frame.

Go to the Cajun Gun Works or CZ Custom website.  The custom/aftermarket parts selection/purpose is amazing.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I could be wrong, but it seems like I've read that you can get a nicer trigger (work and parts) on a safety model vs. the decocker models.  Supposed to be easier to work on, too - if you are the type that works on your own pistols.

All mine are safety models.

I've only converted one to SAO, one of those compacts with the railed steel frame.

Go to the Cajun Gun Works or CZ Custom website.  The custom/aftermarket parts selection/purpose is amazing.
View Quote
The decocker is slightly harder to reassemble and the non-decocker will have a slightly better triggger although I could not tell a difference between mine and a friend of mine both with full Cajun jobs it is splitting hairs honestly.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm assuming, when the time comes, I should just give CGW a call. Seems like they are the go to for everything CZ.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm assuming, when the time comes, I should just give CGW a call. Seems like they are the go to for everything CZ.
View Quote
Don't underestimate CZ custom, their work is 2nd to none.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 12:09:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Don't underestimate CZ custom, their work is 2nd to none.
View Quote
Both are good to go.  I like supporting my neighbors in Louisiana though.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I have to say I only like decokers, I no longer buy guns with safeties. they are easy to carry and one less thing to think about. My P01 has a safety in the box but I use the decocker only. For a defense gun the trigger is perfect. about 9 to 91/2 double and 5 1/2 to 6 single

You cannot beat CGW or CZ Custom all the best stuff you can buy, you don't need anyone else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top