Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2017 3:43:07 PM EDT
I just got a nice little package from CZ. I order their factory night sights for my FDE P-10C on Friday. I swung into action at the shop and popped them on.

I really liked the shape and height of the factory Glow-In-The-Dark sights that came on my FDE P-10C. I saw the night sights Dawson released first, but they looked so different from the factory sights and were higher as well. So I waited for the factory sights.

They CZ Factory Night Sights are basically identical in shape and design to the standard sights that came on my pistol from the factory:

Installation was not to difficult. I just put the slide in a vice with rubber jaws, and ten minutes later, Voila!  

The front sight was simple to remove and install. Though I was surprised the little front sight set screw on the factory night sights was a different size than the factory front sight screw. Then I realized the Front Night Sight has a slightly longer blade than the standard sight, hence less room for the set screw. So the The Front Night Sight sight screw required the smaller .050 allen wrench, while the standard sight used the next size up, a 1/16 allen wrench.

The rear sights both used a 5/64 allen wrench. But the rear dovetail is SUPER TIGHT! I have swapped out dozens of sights in my day, and this pistol had the tightest dovetail I have ever come across. There were some marks on the left side of the rear sight that came on the gun. I wondered what those were from. Now I know. It took a lot og banging to get the original sight off, and twice as much banging to get the night sight all the way across the dovetail to where it belonged. I had to break out much heavier tools than I anticipated. But I got her done in about 10 mins. I went in the bathroon and shut out the light. The sights were nice and bright. Looking forward to testing them out.

Link Posted: 9/27/2017 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the comparison.

Why did CZ mill the dovetail so far forward that the rear sight needs a gooseneck?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the comparison.

Why did CZ mill the dovetail so far forward that the rear sight needs a gooseneck?
View Quote
Not sure. I suspect ti has to do with parts of the firing system inside the rear of the slide.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
is there enough ledge on the rear sight to rack the slide on a belt/holster/boot heel?
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
is there enough ledge on the rear sight to rack the slide on a belt/holster/boot heel?
View Quote
Absolutely! It is the same dimensions as the standard factory sight.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the pictures!
I actually prefer the smaller and dimmer rear sights.  Makes the front pop more.

Wonder how close they are to the suppressor height sights.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the pictures!
I actually prefer the smaller and dimmer rear sights.  Makes the front pop more.

Wonder how close they are to the suppressor height sights.
View Quote
I actually withdrew my commentary about the sights. I spent some more time with them today at the range, and comparing them to a few more of my other pistols with night sights, they are not that bad. I do find the rear sights slights to be a little dim compared to others. I also feel the white circle around the dots are beneficial for shooting targets, and would prefer those. But I can always switch down the road.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#7]
i just got of the phone with CZ.
i was told night sights were not out yet for it

do you have a item number?
thanks
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Got my P-10C back from my smith getting the CZ night sights installed.

If folks don't know all ready the factory standard 3-dots are aluminum and he thought a bit on the soft side.  The factory night sights are steel.

They light up real nice.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i just got of the phone with CZ.
i was told night sights were not out yet for it

do you have a item number?
thanks
View Quote
XS P-10C Night Sight Set #3
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]
WTF?

Then why aren't any of the night sight orders being shipped?
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
Thanks man

Kind of pissed off.  Dude didn't know they had them.  Probably didn't even look
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks man

Kind of pissed off.  Dude didn't know they had them.  Probably didn't even look
View Quote
No problemo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top