Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2017 8:55:05 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

At the beginning of this month I purchased a new SP01 Phantom from my LGS. I have a standard 75B that is unmodified except for a pair of VZ "Frag" grip panels. The main attractions for me to the SP01 Phantom were the polymer frame, rail, decocker, and the ability to use standard CZ75 series magazines.

Upon unboxing the gun I found that the rear sight visibly off-center, drifted too far to the right. I worked at it with a nylon punch but didn't have any luck so I brought it back to my LGS where they centered it using the proper tools.

A few days ago I took it to the range and fired 250 rounds of factory PMC Bronze 115gr. and 14 rounds of my 115gr. XTP handloads using Longshot powder. I would have fired more, especially the handloads, but I was getting fatigued and felt it wasn't good practice to continue blasting. The gun functioned without issue using factory CZ 18 round, a factory CZ 26 round, and Mec Gar flush-fit 16 round magazines.

The double action trigger isn't the smoothest but I expect this on a new gun. It is certainly serviceable right out of the box and I am used to double action triggers as I shoot DA revolvers often. The single action trigger is quite nice. My initial impression is that the gun jumps a bit more during recoil compared to my all-steel 75B, but it really isn't an issue.

First group at about 15 yards offhand:

Attachment Attached File

First group at about 25 yards offhand:

Attachment Attached File

I am really pleased with this pistol and look forward to getting a weapon-mounted light for it, an OWB light-compatible holster, and an AIWB holster for use without the light. If anyone has any suggestions for these that would be appreciated. The next one is going to be a CZ75D PCR...

I'll try to post updates as I put more rounds downrange, maybe with some GoPro video.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:08:34 AM EDT
[#1]
You plan any Cajun work on it?  My SP-01 I did a full pro package and that thing is full on tits now.  I can ring a steel plate at a 100m if I can align the sight right.  It has stock night sights I think I may take off it and put a set of Dawson FO front black rear.  The stock sights would be great for a defensive pistol but I use this at the range 100% of the time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:09:04 AM EDT
[#2]
My Phantom has the CGW Pro Package in it and runs like a raped ape - I recommend it highly. Looks like you had some very good shooting there, sir, very nice!

Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:23:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Heck I'd have a hard time getting groups like that from a rest!
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Fired 186 of my 115 gr. XTP/Longshot handloads today without issue and only used the flush-fit Mec Gar 16-round magazines.

I only posted the best video clip to YouTube because ego. Today I was having trouble pulling shots right--perhaps the slightly hotter round exposed some sins in my shooting. It took a lot of concentration to shoot at the distance shown in the video. Sometimes, especially with single action triggers, I need to reel things in and go back to basics to figure out what's going wrong.

Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You plan any Cajun work on it?  My SP-01 I did a full pro package and that thing is full on tits now.  I can ring a steel plate at a 100m if I can align the sight right.  It has stock night sights I think I may take off it and put a set of Dawson FO front black rear.  The stock sights would be great for a defensive pistol but I use this at the range 100% of the time.
View Quote
I've thought about it and shoot with some guys who have Cajun stuff but I want to get a light and holsters first. The Cajun CZs I've had the opportunity to shoot were pretty sweet, I must say...
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've thought about it and shoot with some guys who have Cajun stuff but I want to get a light and holsters first. The Cajun CZs I've had the opportunity to shoot were pretty sweet, I must say...
View Quote
KT Mech has some nice quality holsters as far as CZ equipment goes.  I have one for my P-09 and will be getting on for my SP-01 when I get around to it.  Just been hyper focused on other things lately.  Build quality is excellent on their stuff and they seem to have the biggest selection of options for CZ pistols.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top