Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2017 11:49:31 PM EDT
Picked up this new trigger by HB Industries. They are known for their Scorpion aftermarket stuff. This trigger is pretty much a drop replacement of the trigger shoe and a lighter striker spring that comes with a 3lb and a 3.5lb spring. Nothing else is replaced. I gotta say for $65, it was worth it. Still has the same short reset but the trigger is flat, and my avg trigger weight is around 3lbs 6oz. Thats with no polish work. They come in various colors as well. Pretty simple to install, just take all the guts out and reassemble.

Link Posted: 9/7/2017 5:19:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you put  any rounds down range since you installed the trigger?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:42:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you able to see if it passes all safeties?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I installed my HBI trigger last week and have about 200 rounds through my P10C with it so far.  Love the trigger.  It does not feel like a drastic change to me from the factory trigger but it is a nice upgrade.  I got the black version and it looks factory.  I love the flat trigger face feel instead of the factory trigger.  It took all of 15 minutes to install.

HB Industries has a drop video out there that seems to show there is no issue.  David

HBI drop video
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I put about 150 down range. I have no issues with it. Only issue i had was when i reinstalled all the parts, the trigger bar was rubbing on the guide rails which cause reset issues and made it gritty. I rounded and polished that and it was good. It wasnt a trigger shoe issue.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#5]
In my opinion the CZ P-10C has the hands-down, absolute best factory striker-fired trigger period. There is not a single thing about it I would want to change. A Glock trigger, sure, replacing that makes sense. There is so much room for improvement there. But I feel strongly that there is little to no room for improvement on the P-10 C trigger. It is the ideal SD/carry trigger IMHO. Why in the world mess with something this good? Why take a chance when you already have something that is pretty much perfect? I don't get it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In my opinion the CZ P-10C has the hands-down, absolute best factory striker-fired trigger period. There is not a single thing about it I would want to change. A Glock trigger, sure, replacing that makes sense. There is so much room for improvement there. But I feel strongly that there is little to no room for improvement on the P-10 C trigger. It is the ideal SD/carry trigger IMHO. Why in the world mess with something this good? Why take a chance when you already have something that is pretty much perfect? I don't get it.
View Quote
Although I'd argue that the PPQ trigger is still slightly better, the true appeal of the P10C is that it doesn't need any mods out of the box.  It's already a G19 with a far better trigger, far better texture, far better grip contour, less muzzle flip, and fully ambi controls.  If you built a Glock to the level of this CZ, it would cost you well over $1,000.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:36:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Take a chance at what? Its literally a drop in trigger shoe. You arent replacing any of the other parts except the firing pin spring. Some people, like myself, enjoy a flat faced trigger a little more. The trigger is now lighter, has less takeup and the reset remains exactly the same. For $65 i think its well worth it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
For some of us the stock trigger safety starts to irritate the pad of your finger after a few hundred rounds. Not something you really see when dry firing. I got the replacement trigger just for that reason.  The flat face is an added bonus for me.  David
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For some of us the stock trigger safety starts to irritate the pad of your finger after a few hundred rounds. Not something you really see when dry firing. I got the replacement trigger just for that reason.  The flat face is an added bonus for me.  David
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Took the words outta my mouth right there.  The P10c's stock trigger isn't as irritating as something like a G19 serrated trigger, but it's noticeable after live fire.  

I'll be taking a look at the HB - the parts i got for the Scorpion have been amazing and they seem to have made great products.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Amen to that!  I shot 700 rounds last Tuesday as part of my 2,000 round challenge.  Mr. trigger
finger was not amused.  Put the Black replacement trigger in yesterday with no problem.  
There are some tiny little springs in the guts tho.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Just put the Tungsten trigger from HBI in yesterday,super smooth and fast
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hmmm, I have over 1500 rounds through my P-10C in the last two months. Yesterday alone I shot 300 rounds through it. No hint of irritation. The typical results are below. I'm not changing a thing on this gun except the sights. I am ordering night sights today. I will buy another P-10C Suppressor Ready version when it comes out and have it milled for an RMR. But I'm not going to touch the internals. They are perfect as they are.

But if your finger is getting irritated, by all means do what you have to do. Could you imagine being in one of Clint Smith's classes and telling him "the trigger dingus on my P-10is irritating my finger tip." What do you think he would have to say about that? I would sure really like to see that video on youtube though!

Here are some 10 and 20 round groups from yesterday.

From last week

Rapid Fire Groups from last week

Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:00:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I tried a P10c.  The safety on the trigger blade was pinching my finger or something.  Got really old after about 2 mags.  The pistol has a lot of potential if there is a solution for the trigger and the stiff mag release.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 4:34:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got several hundred rds thru my P-10C and noticed the trigger safety sharpness right off. However, when I'm shooting I don't notice at all.  Sort of folks noticing how hard a rifle kicks when they're at the range but never feel it when they take a shot at game.

However, I may eventually try out this HBI trigger.

Lastly, the slide release on mine is very difficult to use so I've resorted to slingshotting all the time.  My mag release has eased up noticeably but the slide relase has not. It's the only major issue/fault I have with/in my P-10C.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey fellas, got mine installed yesterday - shot around 250 rounds through it this morning.  Gotta say, I'm mixed on it.  Seems to solve the issue of the stock serrated trigger irritating my finger but the design of it is still fairly irritating in a different manner.  What i noticed is that based on where you place your finger, the way the hook sweep forward at the bottom can cause the safety to not get fully depressed within the shoe.  Noticed that to get a clean pull on it, the finger had to get situated a little higher on the trigger.  Also, the way the trigger is now the irritation on the finger is closer towards the first joint of the finger where the trigger ends.  It's not gone, just shifted from the center of the finger where you square up and make contact.  Anyone else notice this?

Feels great still, but I'm still not fully sold on it yet.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hey fellas, got mine installed yesterday - shot around 250 rounds through it this morning.  Gotta say, I'm mixed on it.  Seems to solve the issue of the stock serrated trigger irritating my finger but the design of it is still fairly irritating in a different manner.  What i noticed is that based on where you place your finger, the way the hook sweep forward at the bottom can cause the safety to not get fully depressed within the shoe.  Noticed that to get a clean pull on it, the finger had to get situated a little higher on the trigger.  Also, the way the trigger is now the irritation on the finger is closer towards the first joint of the finger where the trigger ends.  It's not gone, just shifted from the center of the finger where you square up and make contact.  Anyone else notice this?

Feels great still, but I'm still not fully sold on it yet.
View Quote
Yes I know exactly what you mean.  I felt the same thing.  I was taught years ago on rifles to pull the trigger at the first joint of your finger.  I have tried to move away from this 20+ years ago when I first was issued a Glock.  That much finger on the trigger causes me to pull my shots to the left.  I am closer to the tip of the pad of my trigger finger.  I tried the CZ both ways when with the factory trigger and the HBI.  When using the HBI trigger using my finger closer to the tip of the pad stopped any irritation.  If I put my finger all the way to the first joint I could feel the bottom of the HBI trigger poke my finger.  I also pulled my shots left again.  David
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 10:47:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Did you keep the trigger in the gun or go back to stock?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top