Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2017 1:31:11 PM EDT
I've become curious about CZs lately but with so many differnt models it's a bit frustrating figuring out where to start. I prefer striker fired and SAO pistols. With the CZs I'm more focused on the ones that can be carried like an SAO. As I understand it many of the models can be converted to cocked and locked carry and some are already set up that way from the factory.

What full sized models are or can be made to be carried cocked and locked? I gather that some models that can be converted will not have as good of an SA trigger as some of the others. What models would have the best SA trigger out of the box? Crispest, shortest reset, etc..
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've become curious about CZs lately but with so many differnt models it's a bit frustrating figuring out where to start. I prefer striker fired and SAO pistols. With the CZs I'm more focused on the ones that can be carried like an SAO. As I understand it many of the models can be converted to cocked and locked carry and some are already set up that way from the factory.

What full sized models are or can be made to be carried cocked and locked? I gather that some models that can be converted will not have as good of an SA trigger as some of the others. What models would have the best SA trigger out of the box? Crispest, shortest reset, etc..
View Quote

Omegas can be converted from safe to decocker, the 75B or SP-01/P-02 (non-decocker) can be converted to SAO, 75BD P-01 and SP-01 Tactical are decocker only.  It is not as complicated as it may seem just remember the omegas can be decocker or safety but not SAO.  Anything based on the 75B can be converted to SAO or DA/SA with a safety, and decocker(D models or Tactical) are decocker only no safety and no SAO.

Do not judge a CZ trigger out of the box they change after they are worked together and shot.  Lots of little things can be done to smooth and lighten the trigger.  Polishing the rails on the slide, polishing contact points, and Cajun Gun Works makes some really tits packages to dramatically improve the triggers on any models.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Omegas can be converted from safe to decocker, the 75B or SP-01/P-02 (non-decocker) can be converted to SAO, 75BD P-01 and SP-01 Tactical are decocker only.  It is not as complicated as it may seem just remember the omegas can be decocker or safety but not SAO.  Anything based on the 75B can be converted to SAO or DA/SA with a safety, and decocker(D models or Tactical) are decocker only no safety and no SAO.
View Quote
Thanks, that should help narrow down which ones to look at.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks, that should help narrow down which ones to look at.
View Quote
Do you want an accessory rail?  Full size or compact? Metal or plastic frame?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Do you want an accessory rail?  Full size or compact? Metal or plastic frame?
View Quote
I'd prefer full size with polymer frame and a rail. Mainly I'm just looking for something new. 1911s and Glocks with the occasional HK for the last 20+ years.

I picked up a Sig in trade last week and it got to wondering about something new. I'd forgotten how good the SA pull could be on other designs. That got me to thinking about the CZs so many folks seem so happy with.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#5]
You have two options....

CZ SP-01 Phantom that has been re-released.  It is based off the traditional CZ 75 but it is a decocker pistol no safety.  The magazines are cheaper than the other option.

CZ P-09 uses the Omega trigger so it can be a decocker or safety.  The mags are kind of high compared to the 75 series but the pistol is amazing.  

I have a 75BD, SP-01 Tactical, and P-09 that I have configured to decocker.  I also have full Cajun jobs done to the SP-01 and P-09 the 75 only has the short reset kit installed.  I think you best bet is the P-09 it is an amazing pistol.  If you want an steel frame full size the SP-01 is one great pistol.
My P-09
Attachment Attached File

My SP-01
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You have two options....

CZ SP-01 Phantom that has been re-released.  It is based off the traditional CZ 75 but it is a decocker pistol no safety.  The magazines are cheaper than the other option.

CZ P-09 uses the Omega trigger so it can be a decocker or safety.  The mags are kind of high compared to the 75 series but the pistol is amazing.  

I have a 75BD, SP-01 Tactical, and P-09 that I have configured to decocker.  I also have full Cajun jobs done to the SP-01 and P-09 the 75 only has the short reset kit installed.  I think you best bet is the P-09 it is an amazing pistol.  If you want an steel frame full size the SP-01 is one great pistol.
My P-09
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/127189/IMG_4536-300690.JPG
My SP-01
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/127189/IMG_0092-300691.JPG
View Quote
Thanks, I will see if I can find a place to check them both out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#7]
isn't shadow 2 safety  and decocker?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
isn't shadow 2 safety  and decocker?
View Quote
Safety ... only the Omega trigger can be swapped.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:11:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm waiting for the urban grey suppressor ready P-09 to come back in stock. It's definitely one of the sleeper pistols on the market.

It sounds like an Omega model is the pistol you're looking for. Especially with a few extended mags.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#10]
If you're looking for used basically any model with a safety can be carried cnl. On cz's normally the safety can only engaged while cocked. There can be exceptions on smithed variations.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:52:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

My CCW 75B, cocked and locked (exactly as I carry it);

Attachment Attached File

All original 75B- pattern guns can be carried cocked-and-locked right out of the box.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:28:01 AM EDT
[#12]
CZ Tactical Sports and TS Orange can be carried cocked and locked.  I would not however recommend those models fora carry gun.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Shadow 2

The out of the box SA trigger was nice, but after you Cajunize it, it's ridiculously nice I hand fit one of CGW's oversized disconnectors on my Shadow 2 above  and the reset is super short and almost zero takeup after reset. Could probably have gotten zero takeup after reset but I added a little more for reliability.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top