Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2017 9:22:03 PM EDT
So i took my CZ apart because I was going to start installing some new sights and just kinda polish the rails with 1500 grit sandpaper just to smooth it out a bit. When I did I noticed this blemish on the center rail on the slide that the hammer rides on. It does not appear to be an indentation but rather a line. It is where the hammer sits when the slide reaches it most rearward movement. This is not pic. I found it on the web but the mark looks similar. The other CZs I have dont have this mark but they also don't have the same round count. I am assuming this is normal but just wanted to ask. Thanks.

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/70CamGuy/media/cGF0aDpDWi9EU0NfMTEyNC5qcGc=/?ref=
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say normal, and nothing to worry about.

It's probably caused by the hammer "bouncing" when the slide reaches the most rearward point, or also when the slide locks open on empty.  Since the hammer still has a little spring to it as the slide ides over it, those sunne stopping points for the mass of the slide jolts the hammer and as a result it gives that surface a small tap every time in that same spot.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Alright thanks. Like I said the CZs I have that I can compare it to only have a few 100 rounds each down them. The one I have that is showing that mark has about 4000 down it. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 11:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't see anything concerning there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top