Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2017 4:11:56 PM EDT
So I'm doing my usual occasional circuit of dropping in all the LGS's and LPS's yesterday.  Not really looking for anything in particular.  Just kinda snooping around to see if anything odd, interesting or unusually well priced has shown up.  I always check out the used sections to see what has come in on trade.

So right there in the used section of one of the shops I see a CZ 75B with a sticker on it for $375.  Upon closer inspection, it's marked used but is basically pristine.  There is no wear at all that I can tell.  It may even be that the barrel fouling is from test firing as far as the pristine condition is concerned.  But it's in .40.  I'm not a huge .40 fan, but I already have one in 9mm.  I also notice that it has a full length stainless guide rod.  Hmm.  I haven't kept up with the evolution of CZ's all that much so I am not sure how good that price is for this gun.  I ask the counter guy what's the best they would do on it.  I know that not every buyer in my locale is going to know about CZ's, so I'm curious how much they value it.  He immediately says that they just put it out that day, so it would have to sit for a while before they would discount it further.

So I go home, jump on gunbroker and see that $400 seems to be the line where sellers will let them go and buyers will buy them in the matte black finish.  I figure another $50 for shipping and FFL transfer so $450 is probably a fair OTD price.  With a sticker of $375, I'm now actually interested.

I go back today, ask again about it and ask them to give me a package price for it and a Beretta U22 also sitting in the used case.  Long story short, I walk OTD with it for $340 and the Beretta for $212.  

I kinda feel like I gotta steal here.  So I gotta crow a little.

I did OK?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#1]
we need pictures to really feel the jealousy
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Pics or I call BS
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#3]
NicelY done...

I picked up a gently used 75d compact with 4 mags and 40 dollars worth of Cajun parts for 470.  I felt pretty good about that.  Yer deal is pretty sweet!
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics or I call BS
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pics or I call BS
View Quote
Joined in 2008 and does not know the rules.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#6]
i'd say you did ok  if you wanted a .40 but since you really didnt, I dont think it was that great of a buy. Unless you flip it and find someone who wants it and you can make a few bucks. 
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I took some pics but I have no idea how to post them.

I'll see if I can learn real quick.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 3:11:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Imgur.com
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I took some pics but I have no idea how to post them.

I'll see if I can learn real quick.
View Quote
At the bottom of the post windows you will see "Select File" and "Upload".
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Not sure why but I can't get Imgur to work.

Here's a google photo album link:

CZ75B.40
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I took it out to the range last weekend and I have to say I am digging it.

I am seriously thinking about making it a carry gun.

The trigger seems better than the one on my 75B in 9mm.  The fixed sights are dead on.

I can't believe I am saying this about a .40.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Ain't nothing wrong with a .40 for carry, despite the current pendulum swing toward 9mm.

Glad you like your CZ. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:15:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Great buy! I would have snatched that up in a second.

I had the same thing happen to me about 2 years ago. Spotted a satin nickel 75B in .40 at a LGS I sometimes stop by on my lunch break. It was priced at $400 and they just put it out and told me they had it advertised on Armslist. Hemmed and hawed over it for the next two days (because .40), but I could not stop thinking about that gun - loved everything about it, especially the finish and that it was an ambi safety model, but, it was a .40. Price seemed good and the Nickel finish was discontinued.

I stopped in again and it was still there - decided to buy it and as I was filling out the paperwork some other dude came in saying he saw it on Armslist and was also there to buy it. If I would have been 15 minutes later I would have missed it.

It's a great gun and I've since fully Cajunized it. One of my favorite shooters and totally gave me a new appreciation for .40.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:49:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I took it out to the range last weekend and I have to say I am digging it.

I am seriously thinking about making it a carry gun.

The trigger seems better than the one on my 75B in 9mm.  The fixed sights are dead on.

I can't believe I am saying this about a .40.
View Quote
Just like my long-time CCW. Except I had Ghost Guns (CZ Customs) over in Mesa install a retro spur hammer in it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:02:03 AM EDT
[#15]
.40 isn't bad at all in a fullsize steel pistol. I mean, I still prefer 9mm but I need a couple .40's around because ammo was always on the shelves down here.

One of these CZ's or a Smith 4006 CHP TSW will probably find it's way soon. Or maybe a USP or 96.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not sure why but I can't get Imgur to work.

Here's a google photo album link:

CZ75B.40
View Quote
For Imgur you just need to open one of your images, copy the BBcode, then just paste it in the message box when you're composing a post. I'd suggest using the Large Thumbnail size.

That said, great find on a beautiful gun!
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#18]
FWIW, my 75B .40 has a stainless steel guide rod also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top