Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 12:26:19 PM EDT
I have been shooting my Beretta 92 FS since 1995 but want to try a CZ75B. I modified my 92 with 14 lb Wilson combat hammer spring. I would want to do same on CZ but keep seeing conflicting data on weight without changing other parts-the 92 didn't need any other changes. I have no desire to make it a competition gun but a more enjoyable every day gun to shoot. I shoot every week weather permitting at least a 100 rounds of normally brass cased ammo I buy by the case. 92 has been flawless and I understand the CZ75B will be too. That being said -How low can hammer spring weight go without any other changes to ignite any brand brass cased ammo?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#1]
David @ Cajun Gun Works can answer you on that.
Check his website too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at the short reset kit from CGW.  The SRS-1 or SRS-2 will do everything thing you wish.  It lightens the trigger and reduces the reset.  I would also consider changing the trigger return spring and pin from CGW.  

SRS-1

SRS-2

If you only want to do the spring they make a kit for that.

Spring kit
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you to both posters! Will seek additional info from CGW.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you to both posters! Will seek additional info from CGW.
View Quote
A few things I would change on you 75 either way is the firing pin retaining roll pin the one CZ sucks and if you dry fire expect it to fail sooner than later, the trigger return spring you can go lighter or standard the lighter will lighten the trigger a bit, and the return spring pin with the CGW one.  Those three parts are like the equivalent to a reliability package.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top