Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2017 5:18:43 PM EDT
After a deep cleaning, last week I took out my P-07 Suppressor Ready (SR) to the range with some ammo I had never run before. When shooting suppressed, I normally run American Eagle Suppressor Ammo. I do so because it seems to me Federal's claim that they use clean burning powders in the Suppressor Ammo line is true. I have run this ammo in 22lr and 9mm extensively over the last three years and it indeed fouls considerably less when run suppressed than other ammo I have used. I usually find it for around $14.99 a box of 50 in 9mm (124gr), so it doesn't hurt too bad. In 9mm or 22lr I have NEVER had a failure of any kind in many thousands of rounds. My stash of AE Suppressor Ammo in 9mm was running low and I saw a good deal on some 147gr Browning BPT ammo and decided to try some. As you probably know, 147gr 9mm ammo tends to be subsonic anyway, making 147gr FMJ loadings great for suppressed practice, and 147gr bonded hollowpoint offerings great for defense.

Last week I ran a box of 50 of the 147gr Browning ammo through my suppressed P-07 and had 6 failures! This bothered me as I had never had a failure of any kind, either suppressed or unsuppressed, in the hundreds of rounds I have run through the gun. (I actually broke the 1000 round mark with this gun during today's range session). Even though I ran another 100 rounds of other ammo suppressed through the P-7 after the Browning ammo and had no problems whatsoever, I still felt compelled to head to the range today to make sure the gun was functioning properly with 147gr ammo. None of the ammo I fired that day after the Browning was 147gr.

I took 3 kinds of 147gr ammo to the range today to shoot suppressed to see if there were any reliability issues with any of the ammo or the gun itself. I brought another 50 round box of the Browning BPT 147gr to the range today, along with 50 rounds of Remington Golden Sabre 147gr, and 50 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 147gr (my suppressed defensive go to round for this gun).

I did not clean the gun since the last session because I gave it a deep cleaning right before I went to the range last time and had the failures with the Browning.

I am very happy to report I had zero failures in 150 rounds of suppressed shooting today! I was also happy the Browning BPT 147gr worked without incidence. I clearly had a bad box of the Browning ammo.

I was shooting more for reliability than accuracy. I was not setting up my shots. I would simply aim the first round and fire each successive round as the sights came back down on the target. You know how that goes, either you get a nice rhythm going, or you don't. I have the gun sighted in for Federal 124gr HST unsuppressed. I find that most loads pretty much hit to the same point of impact as the Federal 124gr both when suppressed and unsuppressed. It seems the 147gr loading all hit a little higher suppressed, but clearly the Browning BPT hits noticeably higher than the other 147gr loads tested.

Though I shot 50 rounds of each of the three kinds of ammo, I am only showing pictures of one 10-shot group for each kind of ammo.

All groups are 10 rounds at 10 yards offhand suppressed.

All I know is the P-07 is a joy to shoot unsuppressed, and especially suppressed. When you put a suppressor on it, you feel like you are shooting a 22lr target pistol; the recoil pretty much disappears. It also makes the perfect home defense weapon. It is compact, holds 17+1 rounds of 9mm, accepts a suppressor and a light attachment, and it is easy to shoot accurately because of how naturally it points. I greatly prefer the grip angle of the CZ over any of the suppressed Glocks I own. If you haven't shot a P-07 Suppressed, I highly recommend you find a way to make that happen.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that the 'Urban Grey'?
Looks awesome.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:29:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks awesome.
View Quote
Yes. As far as I know the Suppressor Ready model only comes in Urban Grey. It is a mix of grey and FDE. It photographs a little differently depending on the light.

If it does come with other colored frames, it is not a cataloged item.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes. As far as I know the Suppressor Ready model only comes in Urban Grey. It is a mix of grey and FDE. It photographs a little differently depending on the light.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks awesome.

Nice pistol and interesting report.  I've been looking at that same model for hopefully when the HPA passes if it ever does.

Can you confirm if the 07 will run with regular CZ-75 mags?  I've seen some who say it wll, and some not.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:46:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Nice pistol and interesting report.  I've been looking at that same model for hopefully when the HPA passes if it ever does.

Can you confirm if the 07 will run with regular CZ-75 mags?  I've seen some who say it wll, and some not.
View Quote
It will not function with 75 mags.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
It will actually the fit kind of loose and will not lock back on empty but they work well enough for range mags.  The P-09 they will not because the grip is to long on the pistol.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have never tried. However, I can tell you P-10c mags work in the P-07, but not necessairly the other way around. It depends how new the P-07 mags are. Baseplates are a little different between the P-10 and P-07 mags.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:17:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have never tried. However, I can tell you P-10c mags work in the P-07, but not necessairly the other way around. It depends how new the P-07 mags are. Baseplates are a little different between the P-10 and P-07 mags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The P10 uses an ambidexterous mag catch that requires a hole on the front of the magazine, otherwise dimensions are the same. IIRC older P07 mags did not come with this extra cutout but CZ is supposedly streamlining to just the P10 spec magazine so it will be one mag for both pistols.

Quoted:

It will actually, quite well. I shot a few mags worth with a 16 and 17 round CZ-75 magazine through my suppressor-ready P07 and it woked just fine. Magazines are a little loose. The older "pre-B" spec magazines such as the metal-baseplate 16-rounders and the 18-round SP01 mags are just narrow enough that if you twist them just right they will pop-out on their own. The 17/19 round mags I cannot get to pop out for anything.  But in such circumstances as you would need to use a CZ-75 magazine, while not ideal a cup-and-saucer grip isn't the end of the world.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:00:23 AM EDT
[#8]
How was the blowback?   When I shoot my P09 suppressed I seem to get more blowback than other pistols.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How was the blowback?   When I shoot my P09 suppressed I seem to get more blowback than other pistols.
View Quote
Has a lot to do with how much you lube your guns and what you use. I run synthetic diesel motor oil. I run my guns pretty wet. The oil tends to spat back at you when suppressed with any gun. So when I know I am running it suppressed, I wipe the internals down and run it much dryer than normal. Works perfect.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
The P-07 SR is also available in black. https://www.deguns.net/CZ-P07-Suppressor-Ready-91289-p/91289.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top