Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2017 5:22:42 PM EDT
I just got back from the range. I spent a bit of time with my beloved P-07 Suppressor Ready. I tried a new load for suppressed shooting. I normally run American Eagle 124gr Suppressor Ammo. I was running low and got a good deal on the Browning 147gr BPT ammo. It looks really nice in it's nickel case. It was the first ammo that had a POI shift with this gun when suppressed.

The 124gr AE Suppressor ammo has the exact same impact when suppressed, as does any of the inexpensive brass or aluminum 115gr (Federal, Winchester, Blaser etc). But the Browning 147gr when suppressed, impacts noticeably higher.

Here is the typical unsuppressed group I fired today with Federal Brass 115gr.

Here is the typical suppressed group with the Browning 147gr BPT ammo:

Sadly I also had my first malfunctions ever with this gun. But only with the Browning ammo suppressed. Out of the box of 50 I had 6 malfunctions. I started by shooting 100 rounds of Federal 115gr unsuppressed. No problems. Next, I shot a box of the Browning 147gr suppressed, 6 failures. Several failures to feed and the slide got stuck to the rear a couple of times. Not sure if the Browning ammo is weak or what. I then ran 20 rounds of American Eagle Suppressor Ammo suppressed, and no failures. I then ran 50 rounds of Federal 115gr suppressed, no failures. Then another 50 rounds Federal unsuppressed and no failures. So it is clearly the Browning ammo.

I have 4 more boxes of it, and I will try it with some other guns suppressed next week and see what happens.

I really do love the P-07. It is so easy yo shoot well. I also brought my P-10c out today. Absolutely love it as well. But the trigger really shines on the P-10. Follow-up shots are just a joy, because of the super short reset. Best double taps ever. If I had to pick between the two, I would probably have to go with the P-10 because of the trigger. I will be buying the suppressor ready P-10c when it is available.

Link Posted: 8/12/2017 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same P-07.  I want a P-10 now that I finally got to hold one in my hands and of course none of my local shops have any.  My main shop said it could be while-they have a few people on their waiting list...
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the same P-07.  I want a P-10 now that I finally got to hold one in my hands and of course none of my local shops have any.  My main shop said it could be while-they have a few people on their waiting list...
View Quote
There are dozens of them on Gunbroker for great prices. Kygunco.com has them. Lots of online retailers have them too. No need to wait for them to come in to your local store.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Measure the OAL. The Browning is probably a tad long. A Gunsmith friend pointed this out as a cause for 147's not feeding properly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top