Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2017 5:27:53 PM EDT
With the threaded barrel on the urban grey P07 does the extra .6" give it any performance difference compared to a standard P07? Unsuppressed.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I imagine it does, to what extent I'm not sure.

For threading a barrel I would weigh it more as a cost factor. I snagged a deal on a threaded barrel for my Shield 9 that has another half inch of rifled bore but I bought it because it was $40 cheaper than having a local gunsmith business extend, thread, and put a thread protector on my oem barrel. The P07 suppressor-ready comes with raised night sights, something hard to find for a CZ and a threaded barrel for not much more than standard. Cost factor rather than performance.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes it does. Not a tremendous amount, but any extra length adds a bit of performance. The more length, the more performance. However, there comes a point where length will inhibit performance. Every round has a threshold for maximum performance, when length exceeds that threshold, performance decreases.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#3]
$479 for one of these seems like a steal. Put one on layaway at Tooele Shooting Supply.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$479 for one of these seems like a steal. Put one on layaway at Tooele Shooting Supply.
View Quote
It is one of the best deals in handguns in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#5]
"Performance" is an extremely broad word.

It's going to give you (depending on ammo) about another 50FPS velocity. You're not going to get anymore "performance" than that - added velocity.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"Performance" is an extremely broad word.

It's going to give you (depending on ammo) about another 50FPS velocity. You're not going to get anymore "performance" than that - added velocity.
View Quote
I should have used the word accuracy instead.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
What little accuracy you're going to get from the barrel being .6" longer is so negligent it's not even worth talking about. Now if we were talking about another .6" of sight radius, that would be a different story.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Just a side note, one other benefit to the threaded barrel model is it comes with 17 round mags where the regular P-07 has 15.  At least the ones I have been looking at do.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Weather you shoot offhand or from a rest, you will never be able to tell the difference in accuracy with the extra .6". In fact even if it was a foot longer, you may not see any difference. There are tons of tests out there that show length does not necessairly equate to accuracy. What you WILL get is better performance. If you define performance as speed. That is the longer the barrel the faster the round will go.

If you shoot a 357mag out of a 2" barrel vs a 5" barrel there will be a vast difference in performance. Not accuracy.

I shot this group on Sunday out of a .38 with a 1.8" barrel. I couldn't have shot it any more accurately with a gun with a 5" barrel. But I assure you the performance of the round is much greater out of the 5" barrel.

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What little accuracy you're going to get from the barrel being .6" longer is so negligent it's not even worth talking about. Now if we were talking about another .6" of sight radius, that would be a different story.
View Quote
Fair enough!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just a side note, one other benefit to the threaded barrel model is it comes with 17 round mags where the regular P-07 has 15.  At least the ones I have been looking at do.
View Quote
Plus tritium sights
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top