Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2017 3:39:13 PM EDT
My LGS called me today to let me know that they heard from their distributer that they had 1 P01 Omega available and wanted to know if they still wanted it. My LGS texted me and I was Hell Yeah! So itll be delivered on Friday. I ordered a Comp-Tac MTAC today for it. I love the way my wifes P01 shoots so that should be just as good but better for me as a Lefty. I like a SA/DA and I think the CZ is as good as it gets for a combination of size, capacity, weight, features, and durability. Price was $610 out the door. I may end up shipping it off to Cajun Gun Works for their touches but I will shoot it first and see how it does. I am pretty excited about an Omega coming available. I had basically resigned myself to either a regular P01 or a PCR. 
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Omega triggers are super easy to work on compared to the standard 75 system.  I say do the work on it yourself it is not that hard.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Rifle gear has 4 left in stock. I got the email a few minutes ago, been looking for a year.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
CZ but have had a boat arrive or something.  Been looking for a P01 SDP for awhile and found one last week.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
So I picked it up today and it is awesome. I love the ambi decocker. Exactly like a regular P01 mi us the NSN number on the right frame. The double action trigger pull has got to be 15lbs but the single action isn't horrible. Long reset however. I see some CGW parts in it's future.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:30:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I picked it up today and it is awesome. I love the ambi decocker. Exactly like a regular P01 mi us the NSN number on the right frame. The double action trigger pull has got to be 15lbs but the single action isn't horrible. Long reset however. I see some CGW parts in it's future.
View Quote
Pics or it did not happen!
Trigger will get smoother and slightly lighter with a bit of use.

I recommend changing the lighter return spring, the trigger pin to solid pin, and firing pin roll pin from CGW at the very minimum.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#6]
It did happen! 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats and nice pistola!
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice.  Love the feel of the rubber grips but keeping the aluminum for now since CCW will be the main purpose for my P01.

The trigger can be addressed.  The worked over SDP version (guessing CGW does one just as good) is an outstanding trigger in both DA and SA.  Totally worth doing if you have a mind to.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So I picked it up today and it is awesome. I love the ambi decocker.
View Quote
I am very confused.

You bought a P-01 Omega and are using the decocker?   The only reason most of us want one is that this is the only configuration CZ makes where you can carry with a manual safety on an alloy frame.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I am very confused.
The only reason most of us want one is that this is the only configuration CZ makes where you can carry with a manual safety on an alloy frame.
View Quote
Yup, thats why I bought mine.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I am very confused.

You bought a P-01 Omega and are using the decocker?   The only reason most of us want one is that this is the only configuration CZ makes where you can carry with a manual safety on an alloy frame. 
View Quote
I'm a lefty and therefore like the omega because it's ambi. I would rather deal with a double  action trigger pull then a safety. I've felt what Cajun can do with CZ triggers so I know even the DA pull will be buttery.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Can that style trigger be easily installed in a P01?
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
An Omega trigger system in a nonOmega gun is that what you mean?  Or the trigger bow?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#14]
how the hell do you get the decocker lever out?
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
An Omega trigger system in a nonOmega gun is that what you mean?  Or the trigger bow?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just the bow. Not a fan of the p01 trigger shape
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My LGS called me today to let me know that they heard from their distributer that they had 1 P01 Omega available and wanted to know if they still wanted it. My LGS texted me and I was Hell Yeah! So itll be delivered on Friday. I ordered a Comp-Tac MTAC today for it. I love the way my wifes P01 shoots so that should be just as good but better for me as a Lefty. I like a SA/DA and I think the CZ is as good as it gets for a combination of size, capacity, weight, features, and durability. Price was $610 out the door. I may end up shipping it off to Cajun Gun Works for their touches but I will shoot it first and see how it does.
View Quote
Received my call today for pick-up this Friday or Monday.  The price is $620, but I noticed today that CZ Custom  now has the P-01 Omega in stock  for $553, ~12% off the msrp of $627.

I'll probably be spending some time with mine as stock before deciding whether or not tweek it myself or send it off to Cajun.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 1:11:33 AM EDT
[#17]
I've had mine for almost two years and I love it . Welcome to the club
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Received my call today for pick-up this Friday or Monday.  The price is $620, but I noticed today that CZ Custom  now has the P-01 Omega in stock  for $553, ~12% off the msrp of $627.

I'll probably be spending some time with mine as stock before deciding whether or not tweek it myself or send it off to Cajun.
View Quote
Do it yourself the Omega is easy to work on.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#19]
So if I'm going to leave it in decocker mode do I get the regular p-01 or the omega.

Same price at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So if I'm going to leave it in decocker mode do I get the regular p-01 or the omega.

View Quote
I think the 75 trigger can be made to have a better trigger. Omega makes it where you can swap back and forth between decocker or safety,  omega is a simpler design and easier to actually do the upgrades.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I took my Omega to the range today for her first outting. It was fantastic . 100 flawless rounds of Winchester 115gr FMJ. Not a single hiccup and damn its accurate. The single action is better than it has a right to be just out of the box. The DA is long and heavy I will get that taken care of. I could not be happier. My CompTac MTAC also arrived so I am ready to start carrying it. I should have fired some of my carry ammo but I left it at home. 
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Bed the trigger bar spring down slightly it will take the stacking out of the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I think the 75 trigger can be made to have a better trigger. Omega makes it where you can swap back and forth between decocker or safety,  omega is a simpler design and easier to actually do the upgrades.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on those upgrades you're saving to get the omega over the standard then?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:20:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Hard to say I like my SP-01 trigger over my P-09 but they are both still excellent triggers.  Especially if you go full Cajun package both are excellent.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:06:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
hmmn... If I leave work on time on Friday I can actually get there before they close.

EDIT: Out of stock already.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top