Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2017 2:53:18 PM EDT
Found a box of Winchester PDX bonded 124gr +P ammo that I got years ago and read on one of the gun blogs it jammed theirs, well....it caused a nasty enough of a jam I had to get Range owner to use a rod in the barrel to knock the round back to fix it. So in my case I am scratching off Winchester JHPs from my list.

Hollow points that have worked flawlessly so far: Fed HST, Gold Dot, Hornaday, Remington, Black Hills, and Fiocchi.

Side note: I did get off three rounds before it happened.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The only malfunction I've had with my P10C was with Winchester Ranger bonded 147gr. A failure to extract.  I've got quite a few hundred rounds of that ammo through it so I figured it was a bad round.  David
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish I thought to find that round the RO ejected out of the P10c so I could have looked at it so I could have a better idea what happened. I did blast 25 BlackHills 124gr +Ps, 30 Fiocchi JHPs, 20 Gold Dot G2s, and around 150-200 fmj after that. It was either a bad round or the P10 doesn't like it. I had probably another 10-15 of that Winchester, told the RO he could have it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I would bet the bullet got jammed into the rifling. We noticed at my range that most 124gr or heavier bullets get jammed into the rifling because CZs seem to have a shorter throat than other brands. I haven't had a chance to check the P10Cs yet but the other  CZs have been this way. We have a guy that lengthens the throat a bit and that fixes the problems without a loss in accuracy. It also allows the shooting of a bit higher pressure loads without getting into trouble. It's like the difference in shooting 556 out of a 223 chamber versus shooting it out of a 556 or 223 Wylde chamber.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#4]
So is it safe to say the czp10 is a little picky about ammo or more like a break in period?  I been thinking about getting a p10 but if its going to be picky about ammo.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 3:18:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine shot 124 and 135 gr ammo without any issues - might be the bullet profile Winchester uses. I fired 124 grain lead and 135 gr Hornaday Critical Duty, no issues in the chamber. Lead bullets were loaded to 1.095 COAL. I did get on failure to feed with the lead reload, but it miked out too wide, my bad load.
CZ is notorious for short chamber, so we CZ guys usually load them a wee bit shorter, not much, but a wee bit.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#6]
That's disturbing to hear since we only issue Winchester Ranger.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I do want to say that not all Winchester JHP may be a problem, I would try the Win Ranger JHP if I got some. There is a guy on Youtube that shot Winchester Ranger T (RA9124TP) with no issues. I think part of the issue could of been the age of the ammo, it's probably 6-8 years old. Not to mention this is the first Gen of the P10C so expect varying reports neg and positive. I feel confident enough that I am as I type this carrying my P10c at the 2 o'clock position.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's disturbing to hear since we only issue Winchester Ranger.
View Quote
I wouldn't  be to concerned. I've got a mix of mostly 147gr Ranger bonded and 147gr Speer G2 with a few hundred rounds of Speer 115gr.  I've only had the one fail to extract. In fact I put 150 round of Ranger through it Thursday and another 150 rounds of Ranger into some steel on Friday without issue. David
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top