Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2017 2:31:44 PM EDT
Just got this after reading that sp01 mags should work...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1371161853/mec-gar-optimum-magazine-cz-75b-85b-sp-01-shadow-9mm-luger-steel-anti-friction-black

In short it will probably function but it's a tight fit and nearly impossible to remove by hand...
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Cz factory 18 round for the SP-01 will work in a Pre-B. All of the Mec-Gar will not unless you want to file the frame down.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Greg Cote LLC sells CZ Pre B 16 round magazines, too.  And the shipping (for me anyway) has always been way faster than CZ USA.

greg cote llc cz-factory-mecgar-magazines cz-75-preb-full-size-16-rd-9mm-factory-magazine-11114-p-1403.html
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Or, you could go to the CZ Forum, take a look at the thread on modifying the frame on the Pre B (its' all internal and when you're done its' invisible to the eye) so it will work with modern (meaning MecGar 16 round magazines you can sometimes get on sale for $18 each) 16 round magazines.  I modified my Pre B CZ 85 last year and bought a bunch of the 19 round magazines for it.

Pre B frame work to allow use of modern magazines.

I was having my frame and slide refinished anyway so now you can't see anything on mine even if you look inside with a light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top