Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2017 4:47:17 AM EDT
My trigger spring broke yesterday while dry firing my CZ75 Compact. I was wondering if it would be benificial to just go ahead and buy CGW spring or to use CZ's warranty. the thing is, when I bought the gun from Bud's, I didn't get an invoice. I don't know if they never sent it or if my ffl forgot to give it to me. I do have the factory target with date on it, though.
if I do get the CGW spring (probably will), how will it affect reliability, and what kind of enhancements would I experience?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My trigger spring broke yesterday while dry firing my CZ75 Compact. I was wondering if it would be benificial to just go ahead and buy CGW spring or to use CZ's warranty. the thing is, when I bought the gun from Bud's, I didn't get an invoice. I don't know if they never sent it or if my ffl forgot to give it to me. I do have the factory target with date on it, though.
if I do get the CGW spring (probably will), how will it affect reliability, and what kind of enhancements would I experience?
Thanks.
View Quote

The DA pull will lighten up just slightly with the reduced power spring.  Reliability should be increased as the CGW spring is supposed to be more durable.  While you are changing the spring I would suggest also changed the trigger pin to the CGW floating one.  It is more durable and since you will be removing the stock pin anyways this one is much better.
https://cajungunworks.com/product/tr-pin-cgws-exclusive-floating-trigger-pin/
https://cajungunworks.com/product/rp-trs-reduced-power-trigger-return-spring/

I have the complete package in my SP-01 with the lightest hammer spring and the trigger is completely tits.  But if you wanted a completely reliable package they have a duty kit which reduces the reset, lightens the trigger, and makes the break not short of amazing.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I did not have a good experience with the reduced power trigger return spring. After about 100 rounds it would get so dirty that it would not reset the trigger. I bought the CGW normal power one, and that one has been fantastic.

If you want, I can send you the reduced power one for free so you can try it, just send me a pm.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
^^Sounds like you got a fluke or something. I never, ever clean my frames until they're absolutely filthy which takes at least a couple thousand rounds depending on ammo have never had a single issue with the CGW reduced power trigger return springs.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did not have a good experience with the reduced power trigger return spring. After about 100 rounds it would get so dirty that it would not reset the trigger. I bought the CGW normal power one, and that one has been fantastic.

If you want, I can send you the reduced power one for free so you can try it, just send me a pm.
View Quote
All 3 of my CZ's had the spring replace I also replaced the pin in my 75 based ones.  One of them I have close to 1200 rounds since I cleaned it last.  You must of had a bad spring or installed it incorrectly.  Email CGW and explain your problem and they will help you out\take care of you.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
This was my concern as well. Thank you very much for offering the spring, though! But, like you, I'll probably just order the standard spring with the floating trigger pin like mentioned above.
ETA: Thanks for the links Edgecrusher! Now that I don't have to look for them I'll just order rather than trying to warranty the parts. Raginyeti, you should call CGW and get another spring, like mentioned above.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This was my concern as well. Thank you very much for offering the spring, though! But, like you, I'll probably just order the standard spring with the floating trigger pin like mentioned above.
ETA: Thanks for the links Edgecrusher! Now that I don't have to look for them I'll just order rather than trying to warranty the parts. Raginyeti, you should call CGW and get another spring, like mentioned above.
View Quote
The pin is worth the swap.  The spring will lighten the trigger about 1/2# and it is noticeable.  The lighter spring is easier to install over the stock weight and CGW says their spring is more durable.  How much I do not know I am rather new to the CZ world but I usually shoot about 10K in pistol ammo a year so mine get used especially the SP-01 and my new P-09.  I have not had any issues with the lighter one and my SP-01 with that spring has at least 2-2.5K on it.  I would also consider replacing the firing pin roll pin from CGW as the stock one sucks and will eventually break.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I might have installed it incorrectly initially, but after swapping it out with a standard power spring I have had no issues. I'm sure that CGW would send me a new one, but honestly I like the pull weight on my gun now. It is my carry gun, and I actually put a heavier hammer spring in it because I had the trigger adjusted too light. I think it is perfect where it is now.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes about the firing pin roll pin. I'm going to order one, just forgot to mention it. This little pistol was dry fired alot, without snap-caps.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes about the firing pin roll pin. I'm going to order one, just forgot to mention it. This little pistol was dry fired alot, without snap-caps.
View Quote
The return spring and that pin are the weak points.  I wish CZ would use a solid pin.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:47:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The return spring and that pin are the weak points.  I wish CZ would use a solid pin.
View Quote
I read somewhere that CGW tried using a solid pin but it was peening the firing pin. A solid pin doesn't have that slight "give" that a rolled pin does, if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:53:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I read somewhere that CGW tried using a solid pin but it was peening the firing pin. A solid pin doesn't have that slight "give" that a rolled pin does, if I remember correctly.
View Quote
Interesting they do claim their roll pin cushions the firing pin.  I do know that their roll pin does hold up way better.  My stock one after shooting about 500 rounds was beat to shit when I replaced it with theirs.  I removed theirs after about another 500 rounds and tons of dry firing again (I was having light strikes) and it looks like new still.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:50:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Interesting they do claim their roll pin cushions the firing pin.  I do know that their roll pin does hold up way better.  My stock one after shooting about 500 rounds was beat to shit when I replaced it with theirs.  I removed theirs after about another 500 rounds and tons of dry firing again (I was having light strikes) and it looks like new still.
View Quote
You know, I probably read it from one of the links you posted( after floating around the site), but I didn't remember because I was all over the net looking for info.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#13]
The reduced trigger spring is AWSOME

I founder literally zero downsides

It noticably lightens both DA and SA by about 1/2lb

It's kind of a PITA to put in but with a pair of needle nose pliers it's not too bad
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Installed some CGW bits in my Shadow 2 yesterday including the reduced power trigger spring. That's the only part I hate doing when working on my CZ's but totally worth it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Installed some CGW bits in my Shadow 2 yesterday including the reduced power trigger spring. That's the only part I hate doing when working on my CZ's but totally worth it.
View Quote
A decocker spring in a P-09/07 is by far the biggest PITA.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Clearly neither of you have had to put a decocker sear cage back together.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol yeah that's what I've heard. That's why I went manual safety CZ's. I do want a P01, but can't justify it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Clearly neither of you have had to put a decocker sear cage back together.
View Quote
Both my 75 and SP01 are decockers.  The hardest part is finding the lifter spring when you drop it on carpet.  Other than that it is not that hard.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:06:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Are the factory trigger springs known defects in CZ pistols? I bought the CZ P09 and so far like the pistol, but I keep seeing post and videos of people claiming broken trigger springs in CZ Pistols with relatively low round counts. I want to believe, but this info is concerning.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:21:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Are the factory trigger springs known defects in CZ pistols? I bought the CZ P09 and so far like the pistol, but I keep seeing post and videos of people claiming broken trigger springs in CZ Pistols with relatively low round counts. I want to believe, but this info is concerning.
View Quote
My 3 CZs did not break but I just upgraded to the reduced power springs.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:24:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup. Converted mine to decocker and that took some patience for sure.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:28:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks. Is the Pro package upgrade from CGW the way to go? I'd like to put the P09 into rotation with my Glocks for HD use and want to upgrade it and test it throughly before trusting it.

Also is dry firing the CZ without snap caps an issue? Thanks for the guidance I'm new to the CZ line except for my Scorpion SBR.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Thanks. Is the Pro package upgrade from CGW the way to go? I'd like to put the P09 into rotation with my Glocks for HD use and want to upgrade it and test it throughly before trusting it.

Also is dry firing the CZ without snap caps an issue? Thanks for the guidance I'm new to the CZ line except for my Scorpion SBR.
View Quote
I just put the pro package in my P09, it is a huge improvement. With the 15# main spring it's about a 8-9lb DA but the real winner is the SA at about 3lbs and a crisp break after a short light take up, sort of like a 2 stage trigger. 

As to the dry firing, the OEM firing pin retaining pin is soft, and repeated impacts from the firing pin when dry firing can eventually wear a divot in the retainer until eventually the FP gets stuck in it and is held forward. The CGW retaining pin solves the issue, but if you have the OEM one you can use snap caps or wedge a small o-ring into the rear of the slide between the hammer and the FP to deaden the blow.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:42:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
I did the pro package in mine running the duty hammer spring and the trigger is still amazing.  

With the stock firing pin roll pin I would say yes it is weak and does not hold up well.  The one from CGW holds up much better but on hammer fired autos I use snap caps to cushion the roll pins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top