Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2017 9:56:32 PM EDT
Yes, I shot the P-10C with open sights today too, but my eyesight didn't cooperate, so I don't have any 6" groups to show for the P-10C.  I got out my bullseye pistol and shot it at 100, and, like every time I've shot the 97 at this distance, I had good results.  Red dot helped!  This pistol has the excellent CGW 1911 style barrel bushing installed.  The trigger pull is completely different from a P-10C.  Not that there is anything wrong with the P-10C trigger.  

https://youtu.be/u7Rp9RLx3QE

Joe
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#1]
....just watched your video - that's pretty cool!
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:59:38 PM EDT
[#2]
How can you see the target at that distance?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a 3 moa dot on a Burris Fast Fire 3, and the dot is good and crisp.  I also have had cataract surgery so my vision at distance is quite good.  

But here is how I get the holdover right.  The B-8C timed fire bullseye target has the perfect size circle black bullseye to use as an aimpoint for the 3 moa dot at 100 yards.  So I put a clean fresh target near the top of the target frame and go back to the table and fire off five rounds, very carefully.  Then I go back to the target and see where the group is.  In this case, the group was something like 18" below the aim point.  Then I put up a fresh target with the bullseye covering the first group, turn on the cameras and go back and shoot a group.  If nothing has changed, the new group will hit exactly in the center of the targeted bullseye, stapled below the aim point.  This way, I don't have to change the zero on the sight from my standing, single hand 25 yard bullseye match zero.  I never touch the sight adjustments.  I will hold for wind but, on a very gusty day, I'm not going to attempt this anyway.  

Joe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top