Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/31/2017 12:38:55 AM EDT
Specifically the trigger? I find the reset on the P10 to be excellent. I own a PPQ, VP9 and 320, along with the Grand Power MK12 and the reset is definitely among the best. Not as good as the Grand Power, but very close.

The only issue I have with the trigger is the actual pull. It's not consistent. There is a a weird delay sometimes if you let off the trigger all the way, then pull it again. It's almost like the trigger is hesitant to trip the firing pin.

It's weird. But I don't like it. Maybe I got a fluke?

Edit: see below. Trigger has improved after a thorough cleaning.

Link Posted: 5/31/2017 1:53:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got about 500 rounds down mine - I'd say your trigger may be a fluke.  It's been excellent on mine, with no complaints.  Break is clean and crisp, as is the reset.  Ergos rock, and the gun feels phenomenal in my hands.

HOWEVER, I don't think the gun is perfect.  I've found the weak point of the P10c: the mag release & mags. Gun came with 2 mags and I purchased a 3rd.  2 don't lock the slide back reliably, and on top of it neither drops free (one won't drop whatsoever). Just to test the theory, I even shot the gun with only one hand to confirm.  Also, the mag release design is overly complicated, not sure why CZ ditched the perfectly fine design on the 75's/anything prior. Fully ambi controls are overrated, IMO, even as a lefty who uses them. I'm going to hold off until I get some more reports/reviews on the mags and hopefully there will be more aftermarket support in that sense. Damn shame, because outside of that the thing is almost perfect out of the box.

As it stands, my G17 is still riding bedside duty.  Perhaps there will be some more mags/springs.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#2]
After playing with the trigger some more, I should say that the pull is mushy right before the break. Almost like my finger is pulling a trigger made out of hard playdough. Which is what I meant in my OP.

I still like the gun, but it's not going to replace my G19 or PPQ. I actually lik e the 509 a little bit better at this point.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 2:05:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After playing with the trigger some more, I should say that the pull is mushy right before the break. Almost like my finger is pulling a trigger made out of hard playdough. Which is what I meant in my OP.

I still like the gun, but it's not going to replace my G19 or PPQ. I actually lik e the 509 a little bit better at this point.
View Quote
The 509 trigger sucks it is overly heavy.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The 509 trigger sucks it is overly heavy.
View Quote
No it doesn't. Mine breaks at 6lbs. It has a clean break, nothing wrong with the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The 509 trigger I tested sucked.  Reminded me of the M&P with a better reset.  That hinged trigger design....crap.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No it doesn't. Mine breaks at 6lbs. It has a clean break, nothing wrong with the trigger.
View Quote
Had my friend put his on a gauge it clocked 7lb 5oz - 7lb 8oz.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Had my friend put his on a gauge it clocked 7lb 5oz - 7lb 8oz.
View Quote
Sounds about right. Like I said, they smooth out after 500rds or so. Not every gun is going to be identical. The P10 certainly has a lighter, and nicer trigger than the FN, but the 509 far from sucks, and its certainly better than the Beretta APX when I compared both of them. The PPQ for example, has a 5lbs - 5.5lbs trigger, but I prefer that one over the CZ.

Ohh, and the mag release sucks balls on this gun. It requires way too much force to actuate a mag drop.

Overall, I'm not very impressed so far. And this is from someone who has a dozen or so of CZs. I did take it to the range today, and cleaned it out, so the trigger feel did improve. I think there may have been some oil/grease in there that worked itself out after cleaning and range session. Gun is very accurate.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:36:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Just wish I could get one for around msrp so I could agree or disagree with you
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:48:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just wish I could get one for around msrp so I could agree or disagree with you
View Quote
It's a really nice pistol. But you also have to remember, I own the P10 as well as P320, 509, PPQ, G19 and Grand Power K12, (and I owned the Steyr M9A1, VP9, and an M&P with APEX trigger) so I have several excellent pistols to compare it to which already perform excellent IMO.

I think when people come off an M&P or just being used to one or two platform like the Glock, they will notice a nice improvement.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sounds about right. Like I said, they smooth out after 500rds or so. Not every gun is going to be identical. The P10 certainly has a lighter, and nicer trigger than the FN, but the 509 far from sucks, and its certainly better than the Beretta APX when I compared both of them. The PPQ for example, has a 5lbs - 5.5lbs trigger, but I prefer that one over the CZ.

Ohh, and the mag release sucks balls on this gun. It requires way too much force to actuate a mag drop.

Overall, I'm not very impressed so far. And this is from someone who has a dozen or so of CZs. I did take it to the range today, and cleaned it out, so the trigger feel did improve. I think there may have been some oil/grease in there that worked itself out after cleaning and range session. Gun is very accurate.
View Quote
He has well over 500 rounds through it it is smooth but it is still heavy.  PPQ is abut 4.5-5# trigger and I disagree the APX has a better trigger pull than the FN 509 but the reset is MEH for lack of a better term.  The slide serrations I kind of dig on the APX but getting past the reset is kind of hard and the unsightly striker block that comes up through the slide just makes no sense.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Sell it OP, I know a line of people that will take it from you.

By the way, this trigger is phenomenal, no mush or staple gun pull and reset. It's smoking the VP9 trigger by a longshot and is as close as a striker will come to having a 1911 trigger.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:35:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

By the way, this trigger is phenomenal, no mush or staple gun pull and reset. It's smoking the VP9 trigger by a longshot and is as close as a striker will come to having a 1911 trigger.
View Quote
I did sell it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:29:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
is as close as a striker will come to having a 1911 trigger.
View Quote
No....just no

Go shoot an Apex flat faced aluminium trigger with a FSS kit and get back to me.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:13:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No....just no

Go shoot an Apex flat faced aluminium trigger with a FSS kit and get back to me.
View Quote
Actually it is yes and just yes, so it is impossible to get back to someone who likes what I do not like.

I'm talking about stock from the factory and not aftermarket. Now you get back to me on this.

I'm not into aftermarket parts for an EDC handgun.

If it doesn't come as is then I do not care nor will rate it as something to compare against.

To each their own.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 9:10:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I do not get why everyone wants their striker fired pistols to be a 1911.  I get the 1911 has an amazing trigger and it is hard to beat a well tuned one but come on it is like chasing your tail to get a striker fired pistol to replicate a 1911 trigger.  Yes I know lots of great upgrades out there to make triggers better but never have I felt a striker fired pistol trigger that felt like a 1911 trigger.  It kind of gets old the comparison and the measurement.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I do not get why everyone wants their striker fired pistols to be a 1911.  I get the 1911 has an amazing trigger and it is hard to beat a well tuned one but come on it is like chasing your tail to get a striker fired pistol to replicate a 1911 trigger.  Yes I know lots of great upgrades out there to make triggers better but never have I felt a striker fired pistol trigger that felt like a 1911 trigger.  It kind of gets old the comparison and the measurement.
View Quote
It is the gold standard trigger that I judge all others with.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 12:53:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Actually it is yes and just yes, so it is impossible to get back to someone who likes what I do not like.

I'm talking about stock from the factory and not aftermarket. Now you get back to me on this.

I'm not into aftermarket parts for an EDC handgun.

If it doesn't come as is then I do not care nor will rate it as something to compare against.

To each their own.
View Quote
Well that's quite the qualifier you omitted Bob
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:14:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well that's quite the qualifier you omitted Bob
View Quote
Nothing was omitted, Joe.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
FROM THE FACTORY is a fairly significant change than simply "closest a striker will come to having 1911 trigger."

Words have meaning there Bob
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It is the gold standard trigger that I judge all others with.
View Quote
I had a Remington Era Para Ordnance 1911 "Expert" with a trigger that was an absolute crime against humanity.

Not all factory triggers are gold standard or couldn't be improved with a little work or aftermarket parts.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
FROM THE FACTORY is a fairly significant change than simply "closest a striker will come to having 1911 trigger."

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not my problem that you couldn't understand how to critically think, joe.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I had a Remington Era Para Ordnance 1911 "Expert" with a trigger that was an absolute crime against humanity.

Not all factory triggers are gold standard or couldn't be improved with a little work or aftermarket parts.
View Quote
I own 9 VP9's. They all have the same trigger.

If it needs to be improved upon by the owner, then it is not worth owning to me.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's not my problem that you couldn't understand how to critically think, joe.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#24]
This is not GD, this is tech.

And yes, I do know what that word means, you're assuming that I do not.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Every single pistol can be improved on.  Every.  Single. One.  If you can't find something that could be better, you need a better imagination or shoot more.  Not a single pistol comes from factory perfect.  

That said, there are guns that come close.  I feel that the P10c is close.  This thread has bemoaned some trigger issues, which sound a lot like the pre-production samples that had mushy triggers with mediocre resets.  If mine had better mags, and simpler mag-release, it'd be perfect.  The break and reset on this thing are stunning.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Every single pistol can be improved on.  Every.  Single. One.  If you can't find something that could be better, you need a better imagination or shoot more.  Not a single pistol comes from factory perfect.  

That said, there are guns that come close.  I feel that the P10c is close.  This thread has bemoaned some trigger issues, which sound a lot like the pre-production samples that had mushy triggers with mediocre resets.  If mine had better mags, and simpler mag-release, it'd be perfect.  The break and reset on this thing are stunning.
View Quote
All of my handguns are stock and have stayed that way. Worn parts replacement is one thing, aftermarket is entirely another and no imagination is needed, it either works right or it's the wrong handgun for me.

Love it when I read about people talking about how much money they sunk into a gun to make it better, and then something new comes around and they are proud to state that they don't have to change a thing on it.

Why should I imagine a lemon to money pit?

And I do shoot more than average. Or does 10,000+ a year not count as enough shooting for you?

I like to shoot. I expect things to work from the box with nothing to add but replacement FACTORY parts. Nothing should ever need improvement on a handgun that I own or want to own.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Guess we'll agree to disagree, respectfully.  Guns are tools, and they have a baseline of having to work well enough.  I, along with others,  enjoy putting a personal spin on things.  If I were able to find a perfect gun out of the box, I'd be immensely thrilled.  You're extremely fortunate to have found the perfect gun straight out of the box.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If it needs to be improved upon by the owner, then it is not worth owning to me.
View Quote
And I own 2. Put competition spring kits from HKParts in because it made them more suitable for what I'm using them for.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And in case you're wondering, a VP9 with the competition spring kit is a tad lighter than the P-07, but the 07 trigger feels better. Crisper.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Guess we'll agree to disagree, respectfully.  Guns are tools, and they have a baseline of having to work well enough.  I, along with others,  enjoy putting a personal spin on things.  If I were able to find a perfect gun out of the box, I'd be immensely thrilled.  You're extremely fortunate to have found the perfect gun straight out of the box.
View Quote

Have a great weekend,

GSL
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not quite. The Hudson H9 uses an actual 1911 sliding trigger design. Don't know if it'll be worth a fiddler's fuck when it actually gets out to people, but those who've shot it loved the trigger. If someone made a CZ 75 with a sliding 1911-style trigger, it'd be just about fuckin' perfect.

The P10C is pretty well designed, though. Next to a Glock 19, the P10C is very, very overbuilt. Kinda reminds me of the USP or MK23, almost. The slide lock must take an enormous amount of spring pressure, but that isn't surprising when you look at where it is and how it works. Heavier mag springs would solve that issue, but you'd need a loading tool to help load them. Magwells would be a smidge tight, or it could be the mag release dragging on the mags. Hard to say, but I'd wager it would break in after awhile. I'd love to get some trigger time on one, seeing as most people compare its trigger to the PPQ's.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#32]
What are people thinking about the size?

Is at as close to the G19 as people claimed?  Or is this going to end up more APX sized?
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 12:41:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What are people thinking about the size?

Is at as close to the G19 as people claimed?  Or is this going to end up more APX sized?
View Quote
It's pretty close to a g19.4 with a beaver tail strap. One area it is bigger is the rail section is wider along the bottom and what it catches on when trying to fit it into most g19 holsters.

Finally shot the one I bought two weeks ago, trying to debate if I want to keep it and have the slide milled for the rm06 I bought as well or not. If there were 21/22rnd mags available it would probably be an easy choice.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's pretty close to a g19.4 with a beaver tail strap. One area it is bigger is the rail section is wider along the bottom and what it catches on when trying to fit it into most g19 holsters.

Finally shot the one I bought two weeks ago, trying to debate if I want to keep it and have the slide milled for the rm06 I bought as well or not. If there were 21/22rnd mags available it would probably be an easy choice.
View Quote
Supposedly, the extended base pads for the P09 will work with the P10 mags.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:40:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Supposedly, the extended base pads for the P09 will work with the P10 mags.
View Quote
They do. So do the extended CZC +3 basepads.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 1:50:07 AM EDT
[#36]
IMO... not an owner and glad I didn't preorder; though I would own one if it fell into my lap.

I picked one up for a good fingering, it felt larger than a G19 (which used to be my EDC, now it's a RAMI or a LCP). Theres a very wide sliver of light between the slide and frame, that comes with a lot of wobble/slop it's not tight at all, while that could be negligible it seems like a great place for lint and grime to collect itself for an EDC gun which probably isn't great.

The ergonomics of the grip and magazine release felt good.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 12:12:47 AM EDT
[#37]
I definitely want to like mine. I'd like it a bit more if I'd paid $450 instead of $550, and it fit in some of my G19 holsters...but the grip is great and it definitely feels smaller than most of the alternatives except for the G19. I love the grips of the VP9 and P320, but I hate how tall and HUGE the slides are on those guns.

My problem is that I don't want to wait around for sights and other mods, and not one of my 4 G19 holsters will fit the P10C. I'll probably sell mine, but I'll likely get another within a year--once I can pick up HD-XR or Heinie sights, a flat trigger, my favorite holsters, etc.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Its very good out of the box. No issue easy plate hits at 25m
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#39]
I've only got about 600 rounds through mine, but I really like it.  It's run 100%, and is as tight and accurate as my P-09/07 pistols.  It is different from a hammer gun, but dang good in my opinion.

Joe
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Mine has no delay just some take up, but it's so light and smooth it really isn't even an issue. The reset, as you stated, is excellent and the accuracy is great. Honestly it's the best stock striker fire trigger I've ever felt with the ppq a really really close second.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:22:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Specifically the trigger? I find the reset on the P10 to be excellent. I own a PPQ, VP9 and 320, along with the Grand Power MK12 and the reset is definitely among the best. Not as good as the Grand Power, but very close.

The only issue I have with the trigger is the actual pull. It's not consistent. There is a a weird delay sometimes if you let off the trigger all the way, then pull it again. It's almost like the trigger is hesitant to trip the firing pin.

It's weird. But I don't like it. Maybe I got a fluke?

Edit: see below. Trigger has improved after a thorough cleaning.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4200/34838021242_d0594b05ce_b.jpg
View Quote

I have 2. An FDE and a Black one. Both are being sent back to CZ. The triggers are trash. They feel almost hesitant to work and break all the way back(as far as the trigger can be pulled). I attempted to try hollow points and that was a bad experience. The gun would not load any HST, Hydrashok, Golden saber or DPX after the first or second round in the mag. The rest nose dived into the feed ramp.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:17:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Sounds like CZ sent out a few lemons, amongst a few good ones with the release of this first batch.

Still waiting for mine.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I have 2. An FDE and a Black one. Both are being sent back to CZ. The triggers are trash. They feel almost hesitant to work and break all the way back(as far as the trigger can be pulled). I attempted to try hollow points and that was a bad experience. The gun would not load any HST, Hydrashok, Golden saber or DPX after the first or second round in the mag. The rest nose dived into the feed ramp.
View Quote
That sucks. I picked up a black one shortly after talking to you.  Mine was used but I ran 250 Winchester Ranger,  Speer G2 and Golden Saber through it Monday without issue.  It seems like CZ dropped the ball on QC once the flood of pre-orders hit them. David
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 2:02:16 AM EDT
[#44]
I had to send my black back for warranty service. Failures and slide not locking open, etc.

The trigger is pretty good but is not all that they were raving about during Shot Show hype.

The gun fits in some Glock holsters, but certainly not all of them. It does not fit in my INCOG with XC1.

I hope they sort it out because the gun offers us left handed shooters a lot of benefits.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:13:21 AM EDT
[#45]
I didn't mention in the post above, but the trigger pull in my P-10C went from 6 lb to 4-1/2 lbs just by installing a 4# Wolff Glock firing pin spring.  No problems adapting to the trigger after that.  I will agree that the trigger in the production guns is heavier than the early T&E guns that got all the hype going in December.  Other than that, very happy owner here.

Joe
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:04:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Just an update:

I bought a black one from a local dealer for $469, and of the box this one has a cleaner trigger, but the mag release is horrible. It's next to impossible to drop the mag without some massive force. When I switched hands, and tried to use it on my left hand, I couldn't even drop the mag, that's just how stiff the mag release is.

This has one of the worst mag release buttons I've ever used on a gun. But, I'll keep this one, and just accept the shortcomings.

Quoted:

View Quote

This is exactly the issue I had with my FDE one I got rid of.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:05:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Is it stiff without a mag in, or just with a mag in?  Also is it stiff with an empty mag or just a loaded mag?

If it's stiff without a mag then there's an inherent problem, if with a mag in then I suspect its a mag issue.  If that perhaps the mag release slot in the mag is rough or too small.

My .02
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Bos what store has them?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#49]
BullsEye in Lawrenceville received a bunch of them where I bought mine.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Is it stiff without a mag in, or just with a mag in?  Also is it stiff with an empty mag or just a loaded mag?

If it's not stiff without a mag then there's an inherent problem, if with a mag in then I suspect its a mag issue.  If that perhaps the mag release slot in the mag is rough or too small.

My .02
View Quote
Stiff with the mag in, empty and full.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top