Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2017 7:19:45 PM EDT
Up to now I've not changed/altered a single recoil spring in a CZ pistol.

This thing of breaking slide stops has got me wondering about some relationships between the amount of recoil generated by the fired round, the recoil spring strength and the slide weight.

Does anyone know if the slide stop breaks due to the repeated stress of the barrel being moved down/rearwards or from being moved up/forwards on the slide stop pin?  It might be a question that can't be answered.....

Does a heavier slide "need" a lighter recoil spring (since the weight of the slide absorbs some of the recoil impulse) or does it make any difference - since the spring has to return the slide forward to lock up the barrel?

I know many people install lighter recoil springs for "light" target loads.

Has anyone installed a heavier recoil spring to shoot +P ammo, or fast/hot hollow points?

Does a light slide need a heavy recoil spring to help it compensate for less resistance to the impulse from the fired round?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top