Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2017 2:15:41 PM EDT
I have owned a few Duty  P07's... sold my last one a few months back. well today I picked up a used but not abused gen 2 P07....it has the whole barrel polished along with the internals..it is smooth...besides the trigger and removable backstrap...any other major differences?  anything I should know?
also it has the safety installed and came with no decocker, anyone know where I can get the decocker to switch it over?  thanks...

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I LOVE my P-07 Suppressor Ready. I posted a review here:

REVIEW: CZ P-07 9mm Suppressor Ready

And a follow up here:

Man I LOVE my CZ P-07
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The duty and the latest P-07 use different mags, dunno if they're interchangeable.

The P-07 and P-09 come from the factory with the decocker installed (all 4 of mine did anyway), with the parts to change it to safety in the box in the upper right hand corner.
The previous owner should have put the decocker parts back in the box.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Try CZ USA for the decockers.  Order the spring, too.  They won't work without that little spring and folks also say that is the hardest part about switching back to decockers - getting that darned spring installed correctly without dropping it.

The DUTY 9's came with 16 round magazines and the Gen 2's come with 15 round magazines.  Either works.

The only difference I've seen is a slight geometry difference in the trigger guard.  They aren't shaped exactly the same.

Oh, sights, too.  The DUTY guns came with plastic sights and some of the Gen 2's have metal sights.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The duty and the latest P-07 use different mags, dunno if they're interchangeable.
View Quote
The Magazines are the same.  The difference is that at one point they changed springs and re-marked the mags as 15 rounds instead of 16.  Essentially they put the .40 cal spring in the 9mm mag.  It was pretty difficult to actually load 16 in the 16, so they decided to just call it a 15 round mag and put in a heftier spring.

The mag change didn't actually occur when they changed from the P-07Duty to the P-07, but it was about the same time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top