Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2017 8:27:20 PM EDT
With all the threads about folks converting to SAO, I may be the odd one out, but I'd like to do a DAO conversion.

Can it be done?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:03:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a CZ P09 that is DAO. They made a batch for the MHS competition, but didn't submit them. Also some P07s.
They were then sold to the public.
Google CZ MHS pistol.

So it seems the parts are out there somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:09:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw a picture of a CZ that CZCustoms had supposedly worked on that was supposed to be DAO. The hammer had the spur cutoff so it was flat. I don't really know anymore than that, I'd just call CZC and inquire about it that way you could be sure.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:01:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw a picture of a CZ that CZCustoms had supposedly worked on that was supposed to be DAO. The hammer had the spur cutoff so it was flat. I don't really know anymore than that, I'd just call CZC and inquire about it that way you could be sure.
View Quote
Emailed them to check. I contacted CGW, they were quick to reply, but said they don't have the hammer to do it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Machine the hammer hooks off and you have a DAO also.

http://modernfirearms.net/userfiles/images/handguns/czechoslovakia/hg51/1287752831.jpg
View Quote
Thats a new one for me. Must be rare!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Why would want a DAO CZ?  Seems like you are giving up the best part of a CZ.  It is like buying a Ferrari Enzo and saying give me the Geo Metro engine though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why would want a DAO CZ?  Seems like you are giving up the best part of a CZ.  It is like buying a Ferrari Enzo and saying give me the Geo Metro engine though.
View Quote
Like the ergo's, just want a hammer-fired DAO pistol for AIWB. My 1911 meets my SA needs for now.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 1:10:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I believe it to be the rarest of the rare CZs other than the original Short Rails.

Just because it's rare though doesn't mean it's more valuable.
View Quote
There's one on gunbroker right now actually, nothing I would want but they did make them. Have at it OP.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/640388598
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:04:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, there is a guy on the cz forums that converts all of his to DAO.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Like the ergo's, just want a hammer-fired DAO pistol for AIWB. My 1911 meets my SA needs for now.
View Quote
Sounds like you'd enjoy an H&k lem trigger
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sounds like you'd enjoy an H&k lem trigger
View Quote
Already have one of those.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have you considered the tactical line up that have a decocker?  I know it is not DAO but it would allow you to drop the hammer but you will still be DA/SA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top