Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2017 3:31:06 AM EDT
Anybody use friction  (skateboard?) tape on on the front and/or back of grip of a 75b?
I have the basic stock (plastic) grips now and after a bit of sweat i tend to lose a good grip.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:36:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:26:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Their rubber grips did the trick for me. Grippier but not Hogue gummy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I just put it on the front and back, and use the stock rubber grips (which I like).

On a Beretta, I smoothed out the bumps on the grip panels and then inserted grip tape cut to fit the outline.  Works great!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]
That CZ 75 Compact I got for my wife a few years ago was just so darn slick (satin nickel) it didn't feel good in your hand.  We put skate board tape on the front of the grip frame on it and that really helped.  Then I got a P01 with the rubber grips from CZ and we bought another pair for her Compact and they worked great.  The skateboard tape came off.

With tape.  Ugly, but it works.

Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#5]
My hands get sweaty quickly, and the front and back straps on the P-01 are super slippery. I put grip tape on the front and back straps, and put the grips over the edges of the grip tape to hold everything on. Works really well. Now I need to get some grippier G10 grips.

Edit: Got the photo to work.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:50:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies. I will probally order the rubber grips from CZ  and this:Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:30:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I just use it on the front as well, Buy a whole sheet of JESSUP grip tape from eBay
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 7:38:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Jessup skate tape for me

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:02:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, 3m grit tape on the front, thin aluminum grips.Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top