Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2017 8:10:17 PM EDT
I just picked up a sp01 tactical DA/SA with decocker. Can this be converted to SAO With safety or DA/SA with safety instead of the decocker? Also are the cheap (compared to factory) mecgar mags good to go in this gun?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just picked up a sp01 tactical DA/SA with decocker. Can this be converted to SAO With safety or DA/SA with safety instead of the decocker? Also are the cheap (compared to factory) mecgar mags good to go in this gun?
View Quote

Short answer no and yes.

Only a safety model can be converted to SA only.

Most of my mags for my CZ are MecGar branded mags.  I believe MecGar makes the mags for CZ.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
So there's no way to convert a decocker to safety?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The Omega yes standard 75s with decocker no.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Mecgar makes most if not all mags for CZ

All of mine are Mecgar branded except the ones that came with the gun. All flawless
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So there's no way to convert a decocker to safety?
View Quote
Anything is possible if you want it bad enough 

But, no.  Some of the parts in the sear cage are different between decocker and safety models.  If you want SA only  the place to start is with a safety model.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Will any of the cz75 mags by mecagar work in this pistol?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Will any of the cz75 mags by mecagar work in this pistol?
View Quote
If they are made for a full size 75b yes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Since I just ordered my SP-01 Tactical last night and am planning the same modification....

CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Single Action Only (SAO) Conversion
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Since I just ordered my SP-01 Tactical last night and am planning the same modification....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRkxXvxI8bI
View Quote
I'd cancel that order lol.  That modification isn't going to work with decocker models.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 12:28:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd cancel that order lol.  That modification isn't going to work with decocker models.
View Quote
I'm not saying I don't believe you, but this is the only time I've ever heard that.  What is prohibiting a trigger conversion?

I did more searching, appears to be a change in the frame that prevents it.

I guess that means I'm just buying the Shadow 2 instead, then trying to find a threaded barrel for it.  It's about the only way I can find to get the features I'm after.

Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 8:27:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Why do you have to get the SP-01 Tactical?  Why not get the standard SP-01 with the safety?
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why do you have to get the SP-01 Tactical?  Why not get the standard SP-01 with the safety?
View Quote
I want the (longer) threaded barrel and rail.  And SA trigger.  It's just a combo I can't get with any of their zillion variants.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I want the (longer) threaded barrel and rail.  And SA trigger.  It's just a combo I can't get with any of their zillion variants.
View Quote
You want the regular SP01 and a new barrel then.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, I guess you're right.  Just a new barrel, grips, fire control and new finish and I'd really have a nice gun, lol.  Threaded barrel will be easy.

I might just get the Shadow 2 and hope I can get a threaded barrel for it soon.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#15]
The SP-01 is a well designed, ergonomic near perfect, super reliable pistol OP. I enjoy my SP-01 Tactical very much. It's easily the softest shooting 9mm I know in existence; at least that I've shot and I've shot a lot 9mm pistols.
Get some VZ grips, all the Meg-Gar mags you can buy and a good CCW holster, (Comp-Tacs "M-Tac" is my favorite.) Since I already have a P-01 for CCW the SP-01 is the dedicated upstairs HD pistol... outfitted with a TLR-4 and it fills the roll nicely. IMO, it's the perfect Home Defense/Range/Do it all 9mm pistol. If you really can't work around the decocker then sell it and get the standard SP01, but I wouldn't. I went from a G27, to an M&P40c, to the P-01 for ccw. The decocker has never been an issue for me in operation, fast draw and fire, or anything else. Honestly, I prefer all hammer fired semi-autos have a decocker with the exception of the 1911. YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roll your own.  That's what I did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top