Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2017 1:14:44 AM EDT
Almost 10 years ago I shot a pistol for ths first time; It was a friend's CZ 75B and I loved it.  I didn't get one because i wanted a carry pistol and a full size 75 B was not in order.  So here I am looking for a CZ, something I should have done long ago.

I cannot find any dealer near me that has any in stock, of any kind.  I would prefer to buy local than online.  I am in south central PA.  I saw the Oak hills dealer near the NY border seems to stock/hoard CZ pistols....  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm particularly interested in a PCR, P01, P01 omega, or 75 compact.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:00:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Doubt any locals populate your search, but you'll most likely find what you want, cheaper then local. https://www.slickguns.com/
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Where in South Central PA are you?
Trop in E-Town and Enck's in Myerstown have had CZ's in from time to time.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where in South Central PA are you?
Trop in E-Town and Enck's in Myerstown have had CZ's in from time to time.
View Quote

I'm in southern York County.

I was a Trop about a month ago and do not recall seeing any other then a P-09.  They have every kind of Glock and M&P, but very few metal frame pistols besides some Sigs and 1911s... kind of disappointed since they have so much room, but it makes sense if that's what they sell the most of.  Heck I miss the times when they had shelves upon shelves of ammo--they no longer have the shelves.  I have been going to them when they were a small town shop before they moved.  I'm afraid that anything other than polymer will need to be ordered online in the future.

As far as I have checked, Shydas, Trop, Gun Bunker, W.E. Sell, and Freedom Armory do not have any CZs in stock, though W.E. Sell has a CZ75B Polished Stainless in stock and Freedom had a 75BD, but I'm looking for a P-01 omega or 75 compact.  The double action trigger reach is too far for my hands, but the single-action is great.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Finding exactly what you want in a CZ in stock locally can be a tall order. I'm sure there are plenty of shops around you who would be happy to get one in for you though.

It would be a heck of a drive, but I know a couple shops in Western PA that may have what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
OP ,CZ's are hard enough to find online never mind in a gun shop. Unless you have a shop that will order a CZ for you, your best bet is to keep an eye open online. Even then it can be a wait for some models of CZ that can take quite a while for CZ to ship to distributors.
Case in point are CZ RAMI models ,I have not seen one online or in a shop in over a year.
I only own two CZ pistols and both were ordered online and took over a month to find one in stock at the time I was looking.

Slick guns is a great source for finding your gun..Slickguns 

In the search bar on Slickguns and also Google put in the SKU# of the pistol your looking for.

SKU#'s 

P-01- 91199

PCR- 91194

P-01 OMEGA- 91229

75 COMPACT- 91190

Also check CZ Customs Factory pistol section for these pistols. This is the best way I know to find CZ PISTOLS. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Finding exactly what you want in a CZ in stock locally can be a tall order. I'm sure there are plenty of shops around you who would be happy to get one in for you though.

It would be a heck of a drive, but I know a couple shops in Western PA that may have what you're looking for.
View Quote

I wonder why that is... the owner/manager of a lgs told me that he had CZs well-stocked about 10 years ago, but that they hardly move them anymore.  Have CZs fallen out of favor--have the tactical plastics hammered the popularity of steel/aluminum frames?  Given the same weight I'd prefer a metal frame because it just feels better than plastic.  The compact CZs are pretty much the same weight as a Sig P320.  Is this why CZ is just now getting into the striker poly game, much later than everyone else?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Its funny because when I wanted a PCR everyone acted like Id be lucky if I could find one locally.  My go-to shop had one the first time I went looking for one.  
Im lucky that my two favorite shops carry a real nice selection of CZs; Ive even seen a few RAMIs between the two of them in the last few months... yet I cant recall ever putting my hands on a CZ75 in either shop.  Ive handled just about every other variant I could want though.  Just not a CZ75.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm no expert but I've bought a few.  Many of them ordered off the internet and sent to a local FFL for the paperwork/background checks.  Some at gun shows.  Only one at a local gun store.

If you want a CZ (and they are entirely worth it, my other brands have been parked in the gun safe for a couple years or more now) join the CZ Forum for two or three reasons.

1.  a bunch of CZ guys with a lot of experience
2.  many of those guys are also looking for more CZ pistols and when they run across them on the internet they'll post a link to the shop/dealer that has some in stock (might not be the model you're looking for right the but sometimes it will be.  That's how I got my P01 urban gray last summer.  Someone else posted the link, I ordered one and that model promptly "dried up" in the US.  You've got to be ready and have the funds as they go really fast.
3.  If you work on your own guns (upgrade them) or have someone else do it you'll find (again) a  bunch of guys that do there own work and a couple of the big shops that do custom CZ work (CZ Custom and Cajun Gun Works) have sub forums there and the guys that work at those shops read posts and answer questions in threads there.

Do you go to gun shows?  I just went to one yesterday about 30 miles from my house and saw numerous CZ pistols.  Full sized (SP01's with decockers and SP01's with safeties, P09's) and compacts (P07s and those two of those limited run P01 steel framed pistols).

I'll agree that selection is limited but with that many dealers in one spot you've got a better chance of finding what you want.  I've bought 4 CZ pistols at the local gun shows, two at local gun stores and several from internet dealers that were shipped to the FFL I use for such transfers.

Good luck with your search.  It's worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top