Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2017 2:56:00 AM EDT
Anyone have experience with toying with the recoil springs and buffer in CZ-TS? I got my TS-Orange a couple weeks ago, and finally got to go break it in today; I put around 200 rounds through it. I broke it down for cleaning once I got home and saw that the clear rubber/plastic buffer that was on the recoil spring was chewed to pieces, half of it is basically gone is this normal? I'm shooting major PF ammo, it's a "factory reload". The springs with the gun aren't marked so i  ran the one that came installed. I never noticed any abnormal recoil in fact I have video and the gun is remarkably flat shooting.

I am very please with the pistol and just want to see why the recoil buffer ate shit so early and if it is an indicator of something else that I need to resolve.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:22:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Most people who own the tactical sport don't use the buffer.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:13:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Why's that, wouldn't it stress the frame more? I replaced it with another one but it only came with so many spares.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:24:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm still on my original buffer after around 1200 rounds. It's obviously used but not chewed up by any means. I'll try to push as many rounds through it Again before replacing.

What load/pf are you using in yours? I've used a 200 bbi over 3.7gr bullseye so far but I'm switching to a 180 blue bullet with 4.2 bullseye or clean shot (they produce roughly the same pf).
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#4]
When I get mine, I plan to throw the buffers in the trash, and switch to this;

https://dpmsystems.us/products/cz-75-sp-01-phantom-shadow-tactical

Why constantly replace a wear item when you can have the same thing in a more consistent design?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I ordered one to try it out. I kept the buffer i'll take a picture of it later, it was about 200 eounds of factory remanufactured ammo, at just over major PF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top