Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2017 5:08:15 PM EDT
Was just looking at the CZ website, and see that the P-01 is an alloy frame.

Did CZ ever make a steel version of the P-01? Like a baby-SP-01?

I do see that the regular CZ-75 Compact still has the steel frame, but does not have the extended dust cover / rail like the P-01.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#1]
#99021 is a baby sp-01
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got one of these and I'm loving it. 150 rounds so far and flawless function. Only thing I need now is more magazines and a holster.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked one of these up today, can you guys tell me if your safety feel's spongy? the safeties on my P07 & P09 feel much more positive when selecting on or off.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#6]
The safety isn't very positive on mine but I'm hoping that'll improve.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This Compact model came out recently

The SKU is 99021.

It's an all steel compact with a safety and a rail. It has the Shadow Line safety, which is somewhat of an oddity to me.

The P02 was an alloy frame compact with a safety and a rail, the same as the Compact L.
View Quote

Did CZ extend the beavertail on that new piece? That is a desirable compact for sure! I love my P-01 especially with VZ grips and Tru-Dots...

OP, unless you just have a hankering for an all steel pistol; the aluminum alloy framed P-01 is very robust, is easy on the holster belt in regards to weight; and it recoils oh so soft. I equate it to a Beretta 92FS shooting ball ammo. It's a pussycat with everything ammo wise I've ran thru it. Of course an all steel frame should translate to even less recoil. But the P-01 is so soft shooting I don't see the need for a steel frame. Although I would love to have the new model that Maynard pictured for sure!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I've put a little over 600 rounds through mine the last couple weeks and I'm definitely making this my new carry gun, I just have to order a holster and night sights. my safety has gotten more positive there is now a definitive click when going on and off. I think I'm going to install the extended safety from CZ customs and the stiffer safety spring from DESperman though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#10]
The subject of safeties not being very "positive" or too easy to move came up on the CZ Forum.  Someone suggested these to replace the little springs in the rear of the frame to put more force on the detent that locks the safety in place.  They said they've used them and they work.

stronger safety spring for CZ 75

I have no connection to this company/product.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Now that I have about 300-350 rounds through mine, the safety has become more positive. Possibly just a coincidence or because I keep playing with the thing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#12]
And if anyone was wondering, these (Model 99021) fit in P-01 holsters. Just got mine from High Noon today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top