Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2017 8:33:53 PM EDT
Newbie here, can someone please explains the difference between these pistols?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
75 Compact - Safety, steel frame, no rail

P-01 - Decocker, aluminum frame, rail

75 D PCR - Decocker, aluminum frame, no rail
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Found this on google image, looks like the cz75D compact has a rail
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:17:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe in Europe it is... they are sold/marketed here as P-01's (but I wouldn't be shocked if a P01 with a 75 Compact slide was sold here)

The CZ 75D Compact you pictured is a P-01 over here. The 'give away' is the NSN which is the same as the one given for the P-01 by CZ USA (http://cz-usa.com/press-release/cz-p-01-gets-nato-approval-the-next-generation-of-perfect-pistols/)

Edit:

Now that I think about it - there may also be a 75 Compact Rail as well (Safety, Steel framed).

Their pistol releases are somewhat schizophrenic.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:23:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the reply and info!
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:28:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply and info!
View Quote

Just made a quick edit above - there is also a steel railed safety 75 Compact (75 Compact Rail) which is not on the CZ USA site but definitely 'around'

If you are shopping you almost need to go by SKU #.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is how my P-01 is marked. Box says "P-01," my slide says "CZ 75 D Compact." As far as I learned on the internet, CZ markets them as P-01's in the US, 75D Compact's in Europe. At some point, they were having trouble keeping up with demand (shocker) and started just selling the Compact D slides on the P-01's here. Literally the same gun other than the markings.

However, there are now also P-01 Omegas, which have a different trigger system that lets you swap the decocker for a safety, as well as 75 Compact D's which have steel frames instead of the aluminum ones. So, it is incredibly difficult to figure out what you have until it is in your hand sometimes. Lots of little differences.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:38:28 PM EDT
[#7]
You're correct and they do offer a compact with rail, safety and steel frame. Model no. 99021

I don't think they're 100% official since they aren't on CZ's website. The rumor I've heard is contract overrun.

Quoted:

Maybe in Europe it is... they are sold/marketed here as P-01's (but I wouldn't be shocked if a P01 with a 75 Compact slide was sold here)

The CZ 75D Compact you pictured is a P-01 over here. The 'give away' is the NSN which is the same as the one given for the P-01 by CZ USA (http://cz-usa.com/press-release/cz-p-01-gets-nato-approval-the-next-generation-of-perfect-pistols/)

Edit:

Now that I think about it - there may also be a 75 Compact Rail as well (Safety, Steel framed).

Their pistol releases are somewhat schizophrenic.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You're correct and they do offer a compact with rail, safety and steel frame. Model no. 99021

I don't think they're 100% official since they aren't on CZ's website. The rumor I've heard is contract overrun.
View Quote

If I remember correctly there was a thread on the CZ Forum that said only about 500 of these were imported into the USA.  I saw two at a gun show a couple of months back.  Only thought about buying one (or both) for a few minutes and then walked away.  I was saving for my CZ 75 Compact project and really wanted to get it completed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah it's hard to tell. I bought mine from a place here in GA that said they got the last 20 or so from CZ. A google search of CZ 99021 turns up a number of online retailers so who knows how many are actually out there. Great shooting gun though I will say

Quoted:

If I remember correctly there was a thread on the CZ Forum that said only about 500 of these were imported into the USA.  I saw two at a gun show a couple of months back.  Only thought about buying one (or both) for a few minutes and then walked away.  I was saving for my CZ 75 Compact project and really wanted to get it completed.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:01:07 PM EDT
[#10]
This is my CZ 75 D "Compact" that I carry every day. It absolutely has an aluminum frame and a rail. OP, the one and only difference (that I know of) between the 75 D Compact and the P-01 is that the 75D Compact has an upgraded slide stop return spring that CZ felt the need to "Upgrade", than the initial and "original" specs from the "P-01" according to my research. However, said upgrade wasn't present during the NATO torture tests therefore the 75 D Compact cannot retain the NATO stock number that was issued once assigned to the "P-01" because that one spec differentiates from the original P-01 specs that Nato issued. So, all pistols that have the upgraded slide stop springs are called, "75 D Compact" and cannot have the Nato Stock Number designation upon the frame. Hence the CZ 75D Compact Designation. To my knowledge that is the only difference. Both pistols are solid and are my favorite CCW pieces of all time. Here is a pic of my 75D Compact.
And here is the ejector side pic. Notice how the Nato stock number appears to have been rubbed off on frame. Look at the dull spot in the finish where said NSN usually resides on the P-01? Either way, both pistols are a 10. Hands down this is my favorite CCW pistol! The recoil is so soft and the reliability is uncanny. And I just put Tru-Dots, front and rear sights on her this week to boot.

Either way, pic whichever one you pick up you will enjoy! Warning though, they are so addictive. After a P-01/75 D Compact an SP-01 Tactical was in short order as a designated HD pistol...
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm a huge fan of the Tristar (Canik) C100. You can buy them right now from Academy for $329. I was originally going to get a CZ75 compact (steel frame) or a CZ75 PCR (Aluminum) the C100 is actually the best of both worlds as it has an Aluminum frame, however the safety allows the gun to be ran either DA/SA or cocked and locked. This is nice because all my other guns are CZ75B and I can run my compact exactly the same way. Also the magazines are interchangeable
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top