Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2017 8:08:55 PM EDT
2013 P0-7 Duty.  I only have abouty 1000 rounds through it. Half way through the mag it went "click".  I figured it was just a hard Blazer Brass primer.  Second try was no go.  Drop the mag (after waiting of course) and tried to cycle it.  Locked up.  Gave it some muscle and the slide came back and powder and case went flying.  OH CRAP, bullet stuck in chamber.  I took the barrel out and couple of hard raps on some wood and the bullet popped out.  

Do the firing pins need fitting or are they a DIP?  

Any ideas what caused the bullet damage or why it got stuck?

Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:58:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there any evidence of jacket/lead shaved by any sharp edges at the chamber opening or top front edge of the magazine?  Is there any damage to the case mouth?
Further, what leads you to believe the firing pin is involved?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like the bullet was too forward in the case, jammed into the rifling and got damaged when you manually extracted it.
There's not even a faint mark on the primer, so I don't think the slide was forward enough for it to fire.
I also want to know why you think a new firing pin is needed ?
Did you try to fire the 07 again and it didn't fire ?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Are these reloads?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#4]
As stated, Blazer Brass ammo.

I took the slide off and pushed on the back of the firing pin.  Nothing protruded out of the bolt face.

UPDATE:  Ok, I'm a moron.  I forgot  the button inside the slide has to be depressed before you push the pin from behind. Firing is fine. So it was either factory ammo error or something else.  I was able to pull the trigger and the hammer did drop both times.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 2:10:58 AM EDT
[#5]
The button is the firing pin block. The lifter will press it when the trigger is pulled so the firing pin can move forward.  Going off a reply above, if the bullet was seated too far forward perhaps it prevented the slide from going fully into battery. Hard to really know at this point...did you shoot anymore after this occurred?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#6]
If the slide isn't fully forward the hammer will strike the very bottom of the notch in the slide and doesn't strike the firing pin correctly.

That damage on the bullet looks like it was on the portion that is inside the case.  Can't imagine how that happened.  It's not the kind of mark the lands would have put on the bullet if the bullet had been seated out far enough to strike the lands and keep it from fully chambering.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top