Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2017 11:20:23 AM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Just picked this up!! Can't wait to shoot it.  Already converted to SAO. Amazing trigger!  Any suggestions for a holster or other accessories, mags, and etc?

Kirk-A3
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice hand cannon you got there!

Cajun Gun Works for trigger upgrades.
Mec-Gar for magazines.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
If only it had magazines with more than 10rds id probably pick one up as a duty gun
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/35052/IMG-0676-137305.JPG
Just picked this up!! Can't wait to shoot it.  Already converted to SAO. Amazing trigger!  Any suggestions for a holster or other accessories, mags, and etc?

Kirk-A3
View Quote

Yeah, awesome 45 for sure. I love mine. I kept my trigger stock. After 500 rounds it's pretty damned nice. Though I still might switch it to SAO just like you did.

The first thing I did was lose the goofy fiber optic front sight. I replaced it with a set of steel Meprolite's night sights from CZ Custom I believe it was, (easy swap.)

For a holster: Comp-tac "Minotaur" is the best and most comfortable I've used/tried. It really distributes the weight of the pistol evenly, especially with a good belt. Beltman "Bullhide" leather belt. That combo makes the big 97 hide really well when worn @ 4 O'clock.

For mags, Gregcotellc.com is going to be your best friend. The Mec-Gar magazines options he has, (Mec-Gar is the maker of the OEM CZ mags btw), they are solid and 40% less than the CZ mags... I ordered (6) from him before the election and they all function exactly like the ones that came with the pistol.

Lastly, the stock recoil spring CZ installs in the 97 is rather light, 13lbs to be exact. First range visit I noticed the 97B was, smooth accurate, and reliable. However, when shot back to back with my beloved 1911, with the same exact ammo... The 97 had more recoil; and it shouldn't since it weighs more than my 1911. After some research,  I ordered a Wolff "Extra Power" recoil spring calibration kit that comes with 16, 18, 20, and 22lb recoil springs. The 18lb recoil spring made the 97B as smooth as butter and recoils a tad less than my Springer 1911, making faster back on target than my beloved 1911. Functionality was 100% with both the stock CZ recoil spring and also the extra power 18lb Wolff recoil spring. However, the 18lb Wolff spring made the 97B really shine though because it became much smoother and lighter recoiling than my 1911 to shoot. The Wolff spring kit was less than $30 delivered and well worth it. The SKU # is "13121" ...This is my experience with the 97B... Enjoy your pistol OP, it's one I'll keep forever! I'm linking the calibration spring kit for you below...

XP Calibration Kit

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top