Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2017 6:05:09 PM EDT
I was at my optometrist seeing about a new set of glasses and decided to drop by the Gander Mountain in the same strip center. They had a used P07 in the case and I got to give it a good going over. It felt very good in the hand, better than most of the polymer pistols I have handled. I like the decocker on these and the DA trigger from half cock after using the decocker is surprisingly good. The SA trigger is pretty nice as well but I noticed something interesting about it. The P07 has the exact same touch of creep at the beginning of the SA pull as my SAR B6P CZ clone. You can actually use it to "stage" the SA trigger on both guns. If you pull through like you should when firing, then you do not even notice it. If you slowly apply pressure to the trigger you feel the creep/bump, then it stops and the remainder of the trigger is a crisp clean break. I find it interesting that both the clone and the CZ have it. Other than that I was quite impressed with the P07. They had a $399 price on it for the gun and two mags.

I am just spoiled by the trigger on the SP01 Shadow I got from CZ Custom.

Striker fired polymer pistols have never been high on my list of wants. The triggers are just too mushy on all of them I have tried. The trigger on the P07 is close enough to the CZ 75 steel framed guns that I may end up with one eventually. With just a bit of work that trigger could be superb.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I went through Glock, XDM, M&P prior to my P07.  The P07 has been my EDC for about 3 years now.  Great pistol.

My youngest had been carrying his Beretta (and bragging on it for a couple years) when I bought a 9MM P07 (my EDC is a .40 S&W) and he shot it.  His very first group was better than any he'd shot with the Beretta.  Needless to say, I let him have the P07 9MM for a carry pistol.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#2]
P07 is a nice gun.  Not $399 used nice but you did say Gander Mountain.  I paid $425 new for my p09. Shop around.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:51:19 AM EDT
[#3]
$399 used with both mags is a great price if it is the current (non-duty) marked version IMHO.   Best I have seen new anywhere is $480.

The little bit of creep is almost certainly the firing pin block.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#4]
For 30 or 40 dollars more you can get brand new ,if your thinking about the pistol at Gander make sure it's a gen 2.

look here....https://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/%0991086
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea, I got my used -09 with every CGW upgrade available and 5 mags for $399.99...
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yea, I got my used -09 with every CGW upgrade available and 5 mags for $399.99...
View Quote

Whoever you got it from was robbed  Crazy deal.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Had to go back to the eye doc today to set up the prescription for my new glasses. So I went back by GM and took another look. Decided to pass. Looks like a 1st gen to me with no replaceable backstrap, and the older curved trigger.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Whoever you got it from was robbed  Crazy deal.
View Quote

Haha.  Thank you.   It's even got the CGW sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top