Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2017 6:20:47 PM EDT
Ever since I got my CZ 75 Omega I have loved everything about it except the grips and the trigger. It's light but over travel is absurd, feels weird in single action and just sucks in double action. Cajun gun works has a kit available to improve the quality of the trigger, it's $218, I can afford it but I'm not sure if I can install it all my myself. Should I seek professional help on this, send it into CGW to have the work done or can I do this myself? I should add that I consider my gunsmithing skills to be above average compared to most people but not at the level needed to start charging people for work. I can assemble a complete AR fairly eaisly, do trigger work on AKs and other armorers work.

Also if anyone out there can tell me where I can find a flat blade trigger for the 75 Omega like they are putting in the new P07-09 pistols I would really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:44:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I love my Omega - grips and all. I was curious if the trigger could be better and took it to a local guy to see about some work. He examined it a bit and said it was actually rather good as is and told me to leave it alone. The more I shoot it the more I think it's great as is.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#2]
What experience do you have with detail stripping a CZ?  Have you ever detail stripped and reassembled a 1911?

I would rate doing a CZ job somewhere between 1911 being hard and Glock being easy as in between around a medium difficulty.  I have experience fitting and putting together 1911s so the CZ was rather easy once I learned how it came apart.  If you feel you cannot accomplish the task CGW does great work I would just send it off to them and let them work it over.  If you feel you are capable it is not super hard and lots of good how-to's on the internet and videos on youtube.  Get a good punch and appropriate sized hammers for the job.  Remember if it does not fit do not force it and take your time.  An armorers block is very valuable if you do not have one get one or back one from a chunk of 2x4.  A vise is handy as well with two armorers blocks to immobilize the slide for driving out the firing pin retaining pin.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have installed two CGW Omega kits (P07 and P09) with great results in the last year. If you can assemble an AR from scratch, you should have no problem. Just make sure you've got the proper punches and slave pins. Also expect to do some polishing on some of the trigger parts. There are several excellent videos on Youtube by JoeMustang. Why don't you look at the videos before you decide. I also think you would be very happy if you sent the pistol to CGW for the work; I didnt because of their lead- time due to work backlog.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I can and have done a detail strip and some light gunsmithing of a 1911. Filing off sharp edges, install flat mainspring holder and the like.

I think I have the skills to do this. However it looks like I might have a bit of a delay. A couple of unexpected expenses just cropped up. Looks like I am going to have to sell a couple of safe queens.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Get the kit and give it a try.
If you feel it's above your pay grade, send it to CGW and they'll take care of it.
If your GunFu skills are what you say they are, you should have no issues installing the kit.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes 100% worth it
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:09:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I haven done that in a CZ 75 Omega, and yes I feel it was well worth it.

Have also done it in a P-07 and P-09, and about to do it in P-01 Omega I just purchased.

Be advised,  but if I remember correctly, the oversized roller from CGW will not work in the metal-framed guns.

Otherwise, the installation was the same as in the polymer framed pistols.

I didn't find it difficult, at all.  Polishing also really pays dividends in the double action pull.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:25:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Bought the kit, installed most of it. Apparently I need to get a bigger pin punch to install the firing pin.

Trigger pull is significantly better, lighter and smoother in DA, noticeably crisp and definitive in SA. Much more like my PreB although I still prefer the PreB's trigger shape. Wasn't nearly as hard as I expected once I got a moments peace.

P 09 CGW Hammer Kit Install 2 8 14

Even though it is for a decocker model P09 this video really helped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top