BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OK ran 50 rounds through it today on the way to work.   Standard 115 Gr American Eagle stuff.  No malfunctions, typical for a CZ.  I did not clean or lubricate the pistol either, it was as it was from the factory.  Accuracy was excellent, everything in the 10 ring at 10 yards.   I was running about 1 round per second, didn't really run it, just wanted to get the feel for the trigger and the recoil.  

The trigger has cleaned up even more.  There is still a tad of grit, but you don't notice it at all while shooting.  The take up is light, no stacking at all.  It hits the wall,  give it a little pressure and the break is clean and crisp with zero over travel.  This lends itself to the shots going exactly where the front sight is.  Recoil is extremely soft, probably the softest shooting polymer gun I have handled.  It feels like shooting a steel framed 9mm.  The recoil impulse is straight back, the front sight barely raises up, then settles right back down.  It tracks like a tuned IPSC gun seriously, very smooth and pushes rather than jumps.  It truly is a point and shoot pistol, if you don't hit what your aiming at, its your fault.  The pistol is very forgiving in its grip as well.  Minor adjustments on a glock make huge differences downrange.  Not so with this, you have to make heavy deliberate inputs to change POI, and this is a good thing on a pistol.    The pistol is very easy to shoot well, overall I am very impressed.  

We have some training coming up in about a week, and I will run some drills with it.  The proof is in the pudding as they way, but I see no reason why the P10 should not perform exceptionally.

TXPO
View Quote

Wow that is a glowing review, thanks for sharing.  Have you noticed anything that you dislike?
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Not really, so far it seems to fit my personal criteria just as well as my glocks, except for duty holster compatibility, but that will improve in the future I'm sure.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Im excited to see what CZ custom and CGW will have to offer for these down the road.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:26:04 AM EDT
[#4]
TXPO:  
Glad to see it's not really as tall as a G17 like some of the rumors.  
Can you describe the grip a bit more.  I LOVE the (small-back-plate) VP9, and the P30 is pretty good; however, Glocks feel too rectangular--even though I shoot them well--and M&Ps feel too "long" front-to-back, and the P07/09 felt too Glock-blocky as well (I did like the P320's small frame-compact).

If this grip can get as small and nice-feeling as a VP9, I may have found my dream-carry gun.  I'm just picky about grips (if I remember correctly, you are a master at reworking glock grips).
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 7:20:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
TXPO:  
Glad to see it's not really as tall as a G17 like some of the rumors.  
Can you describe the grip a bit more.  I LOVE the (small-back-plate) VP9, and the P30 is pretty good; however, Glocks feel too rectangular--even though I shoot them well--and M&Ps feel too "long" front-to-back, and the P07/09 felt too Glock-blocky as well (I did like the P320's small frame-compact).

If this grip can get as small and nice-feeling as a VP9, I may have found my dream-carry gun.  I'm just picky about grips (if I remember correctly, you are a master at reworking glock grips).
View Quote

It is virtually the same as the G19, honestly, I will try and get some shots of me holding it compared to my 19.  My fingers fill the front strap of both guns equally, they are the same length up front.  The backstrap of the P10 is slightly longer,again it shrouds the bottom of the magazine, where as the glocks backstrap is even cut at an angle to reduce its length.  The only added length in the slide is in the rear section that is over the web of the hand.  The barrels are exactly the same length as well as the slide from the ejection port forward.   The P10 is IMO the perfect size for a CCW and duty pistol, much like the 19.  If the little added length in the P10's grip prevents someone from carrying it over a 19, then they should re evaluate their carry gear.  Width wise, the P10 is thinner and it feels and looks it when you hold them side by side.  

With the small backstrap, it feels small even in my medium to small hands,and it feels smaller than the VP9 with the small bacstrap.  I like it, but I think I actually prefer the medium, its a preference thing.  The overall feel of the grip is very much like the VP9, P30 or PPQ as far as it's geometry to the hand.  Is it fits very well front to back, and with the slight palm swells you don't have that void on the sides of your hands when holding it.  I know what you mean with the M&P it felt long front to back and my palms always felt like they weren't touching the grip.  The P10 is nothing like that.  It is rounded in all the right places, and fills the hand very well.  I would not be surprised if they studied the human hands anatomy, cause it fits that well.   It doesn't even feel bad with the large backstrap.  

The backstraps on the P10 really extend the mid section and bottom of the grip.  The top portion remains the same so it doesn't really effect finger to trigger placement.  Now, the texturing is aggressive, but not painfully so IMO, some will likely find it too aggressive and will have to hit it with some sandpaper lightly to knock off the edges.  The front and back is more aggressive than the sides.  The sides are very much like a 4th gen glock grip feel.   The closet thing I can think of is the backstrap on the FNS.  It has a pretty aggressive pattern and the P10's front and back feel about the same.  

After holding and playing around with the P10 the past few days, when I hold my G19 now it feels clunky, thick, and dated.  It's the difference between having a piece of sports gear fitted to you, or wearing something of the shelf at Academy, it's that much of a difference.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks!
Yeah, I'm fine with the size and length.  I was shocked that the VP9 felt better than my G19 when IWB (I'm guessing the holster just carried it better and the grip was a bit less abrasive than my stippled G19).  I just noticed after shooting P320s, VP9s, and the G43 for a few months without touching the G19 that there IS something to be said for a gun that fits well and feels good--though I will always own the 19, and that rectangular grip seems to help me index it fast on the draw.  

I'm on a few "back in stock" lists--but prices range from $479 to $529 for the basic black.
So far this is sounding like my perfect compact carry assuming wwe don't find any beta-test bugs....NOW if only Trump will kill the suppressor and SBR regulations, I'll be set.  And broke.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I went looking for one today at a couple local shops. They didn't have them yet. The one shop I like has a pretty good selection of cool stuff. They had the Tavor x95 in all the colors, scar 16s in stock etc. I was going to get a gen 3 17 but that they didn't have. Lol.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks!
Yeah, I'm fine with the size and length.  I was shocked that the VP9 felt better than my G19 when IWB (I'm guessing the holster just carried it better and the grip was a bit less abrasive than my stippled G19).  I just noticed after shooting P320s, VP9s, and the G43 for a few months without touching the G19 that there IS something to be said for a gun that fits well and feels good--though I will always own the 19, and that rectangular grip seems to help me index it fast on the draw.  

I'm on a few "back in stock" lists--but prices range from $479 to $529 for the basic black.
So far this is sounding like my perfect compact carry assuming wwe don't find any beta-test bugs....NOW if only Trump will kill the suppressor and SBR regulations, I'll be set.  And broke.
View Quote

Yeah I hear ya, even though the 19 feels strange after holding the P10, I know I can run it well.  For all the glock isn't, it is still an outstanding combat platform and performs well when run at speed.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Is the grip angle similar to the G19 or 1911?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:04:06 AM EDT
[#10]
It is the same grip angle as the 1911

TXPO
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 1:37:18 PM EDT
[#11]
It's the difference between having a piece of sports gear fitted to you, or wearing something of the shelf at Academy, it's that much of a difference.
View Quote

Great line, thank you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#12]
OP have you had a chance to discuss rmr mounting with CZ Custom Shop?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Tracking shows me getting my FDE this coming Monday !    
I plan to put a couple hundred rds through it Tue if it is on time and weather is decent
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I plan to put a couple hundred rds through it Tue if it is on time and weather is decent
View Quote

Awesome! This is a production gun, ordered through their LE/Mil program? When did you order?

When you get it, could you see if the night sights are actually tritium or just glow-in-the-dark? There's been some confusion and contradiction there.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Awesome! This is a production gun, ordered through their LE/Mil program? When did you order?

When you get it, could you see if the night sights are actually tritium or just glow-in-the-dark? There's been some confusion and contradiction there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a production gun through my local shop not LE.
I was the second person on the list and he is getting 4 total on this order . 2 black and 2 FDE.  
  From the best of my understanding the FDE has tritium and the black does not. The FDE did cost more I'll let you know after I pick it up what the final total is.
I have a $100 deposit down
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:08:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Cost doesn't concern me too much, but it's good info to put out. It's exciting to hear you're getting commercial production guns for regular shooters to buy. I can't wait to get the email that says mine is on its way.

The FDE media T&E guns seem to have photoluminescent paint "night sights", as seen in various videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1zWm09BOrM&t=1011s
https://youtu.be/4gqr2epxaWk?t=6m34s

But the CZ-USA website definitely says tritium night sights for the FDE model. The suppressor ready's page says night sights but doesn't mention paint or tritium.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I contacted CZ support after seeing the videos on MAC and Sootch00 channels and they told me that those are the T&E guns so they do not have all of the options on production guns. They did confirm that the production FDE guns will have night sighs.

The pre-production models sent out for media purposes may not completely encompass all features intended for mainstream production. FDE models will ship with night sights.

Thank you,

Dereck Miller
Sales Assistant
800-955-4486 x 334
fax: 913-321-2251
CZ-USA
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Dammit, CZ!
Make one G26 sized please.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Now if they could just make a full size 10mm
I'd settle for a 97b 10mm but I can't believe they don't have any in their line up aside from the Dan Wesson 1911.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Your review makes me want one. Now, just to find one. Lol
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:04:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Where are you guys ordering your guns from?

All the idiot shops around me just tell me it's not available and can't order one.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Now if they could just make a full size 10mm
I'd settle for a 97b 10mm but I can't believe they don't have any in their line up aside from the Dan Wesson 1911.
View Quote

Only 10mm CZ I know of right here.

https://youtu.be/iIK6cFPevmE
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

All the idiot shops around me just tell me it's not available and can't order one.
View Quote

Alot of us are ordering directly through CZ via LE/Mil program
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those of us who are not ordering directly from CZ via LE/Mil purchase program happen to have dealers that make an in-house waiting list for the guns as they come in from their distributors. It's nothing official through CZ or distributors, just an agreement between you and the FFL.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#25]
One of the shops I spoke with said they had 50 on order.  In order to get one, they needed the payment up front as a deposit.  The deposit amount?  $599.  

Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
One of the shops I spoke with said they had 50 on order.  In order to get one, they needed the payment up front as a deposit.  The deposit amount?  $599.  

View Quote

I'd tell the to choke on em. Even Cabela's lists them at $499.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 2:53:22 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm guessing the CZ deal is just for active/retired mil?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:43:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm guessing the CZ deal is just for active/retired mil?
View Quote

"Program applies to all active and retired Public Safety and Military personnel." In one area they call it the "LE/MIL/First Responder Program", leading me to BELIEVE they'd be pretty lenient about fire/EMS/etc.

If you believe that might be you, send an email to Andrew Eager ([email protected]) or [email protected], or use their Contact Us form for more information.

Your credentials must include ONE of the following:
1.       Copy of Department Badge or ID Card/Active, Guard, Reserve Military ID/Retired issued ID card (benefit card or family ID card is not eligible, must say retired)
2.       Employment verification letter on department letter head
3.       Email from your military or department email address
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup, paid $485 for mine up front (Includes taxes etc).
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:10:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was at Academy sports Friday, they show it in the system at $469, none in stock yet.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you have to go to the store or call them to find that price?  Is it lised online somewhere on Cabela's site?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Did you have to go to the store or call them to find that price?  Is it lised online somewhere on Cabela's site?
View Quote

It's on their website. Not in stock though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:00:31 AM EDT
[#33]
For any of the guys that ordered the le/mil did they say how long it would take to get it?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:05:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

"Program applies to all active and retired Public Safety and Military personnel." In one area they call it the "LE/MIL/First Responder Program", leading me to BELIEVE they'd be pretty lenient about fire/EMS/etc.

If you believe that might be you, send an email to Andrew Eager ([email protected]) or [email protected], or use their Contact Us form for more information.

Your credentials must include ONE of the following:
1.       Copy of Department Badge or ID Card/Active, Guard, Reserve Military ID/Retired issued ID card (benefit card or family ID card is not eligible, must say retired)
2.       Employment verification letter on department letter head
3.       Email from your military or department email address
View Quote

Groovy.  I sent them an email and will report back.

Edit: So he responded, but I got the same canned response (3 forms of verification) despite sending my ID, DD214, and follow up questions. Hmm.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 6:21:50 AM EDT
[#35]
They're probably enroute to SHOT.

I inquired from my .gov email and they sent me links and instructions.
I followed the instructions on how to order the appreciation pack and got my customer number so I could order the gun off their mil/le link.
I emailed them a copy of my ID anyway with my FFL info.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#36]
I may make some rounds around the local shops today to see if they've gotten any yet. I'm guessing no but let's see.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#37]
I emailed CZ yesterday afternoon to set up my LE/Mil account.  They replied rather quickly and I got my FDE P-10c ordered today with 4 extra mags.  Now the wait begins
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Didn't make it today looks like the labels were generated but not shipped when they thought.
I'll be gone tomorrow but hope I'll be picking up wed ..
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Here are some caparison shots of the P10 and 4th gen G19.  My photography skills aren't all that, but this gives a better idea of how close these two pistols are.

Note finger placement on the front strap.  Also note how much further my fingers wrap around the P10 grip.

The 19 is using Magpul magazine, but the baseplates aren't much taller than the factory ones. Also note the bore axis, it is virtually identical.  

This is how much longer the grip on the P10 is, and it is only in the bckstrap area.

TXPO
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for the comparison pictures.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks TXPO!!
These pictures seal the deal for me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 2:32:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Hopefully the LE/Mil orders ship soon.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 3:12:07 AM EDT
[#43]
What about weight?  Any lighter than a 19?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 8:53:34 AM EDT
[#44]
P10C 26oz
G19 21oz

Readily available on the manufacturer websites, faster and easier than asking.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
P10C 26oz
G19 21oz

Readily available on the manufacturer websites, faster and easier than asking.
View Quote

Not when I'm browsing on my phone, already in this thread, and this was the last thing I read before I went to sleep.  Also, it does no harm to have this information in THIS thread.  Get over it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:29:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for the grip photos TXPO!  

Eagerly awaiting mine.

I still plan on getting a gen4 Glock 32 and sending it your way for finger hump removal and undercut eventually. Just can't seem to get my chief to okay buying the 32 on uniform allowance...
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Awesome pictures.  I could never reach the mag release on my Gen 4 19 but the P10C looks like a winner, and I already have holsters for it.  I think you guys just talked me into one!
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm still waiting for them to ship to distributors..
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Well this sucks.
 My local shop who is awesome called me Tuesday afternoon.  It seems like the P10c's were not with the shipment they had tracking for.
With SHOT etc going on it looks like they hadn't gotten word back from their rep on what happened.  I understand and I think they were more disappointment than me but what can you do it's a hot new pistol.
   I though I was going to get to be one of the cool kids and post my new toy before everyone got theirs
It was funny they asked if I wanted a refund . Hell no!  
    I have a range at home so when it gets here I'll be able to throw a few hundred rounds downrange and give give it a fair assessment.
I do make my own leather holsters that are boned to each pistols so it will be neat to see just how compatible they are.   One thing I did think was neat is I was able to rework a P-01 leather holster to fit a G19.
    You honestly can't tell it wasn't made for it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well this sucks.
 My local shop who is awesome called me Tuesday afternoon.  It seems like the P10c's were not with the shipment they had tracking for.
With SHOT etc going on it looks like they hadn't gotten word back from their rep on what happened.  I understand and I think they were more disappointment than me but what can you do it's a hot new pistol.
   I though I was going to get to be one of the cool kids and post my new toy before everyone got theirs
It was funny they asked if I wanted a refund . Hell no!  
    I have a range at home so when it gets here I'll be able to throw a few hundred rounds downrange and give give it a fair assessment.
I do make my own leather holsters that are boned to each pistols so it will be neat to see just how compatible they are.   One thing I did think was neat is I was able to rework a P-01 leather holster to fit a G19.
    You honestly can't tell it wasn't made for it.
View Quote

You know, I expected exactly this... that there was a misunderstanding and your P10c wasn't actually on the way.... but I'm not any less disappointed after you confirmed it It seemed way too unlikely that one shop out of the whole country got five pistols before anyone else knew they were coming. Hopefully we get them soon.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top