Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2010 5:56:00 PM EDT

I purchased a NIB GSG 1911 earlier this month, with less than 100 rounds thru it, the slide locked up completely. It was sent back to Davidsons and replaced with new pistol due to their Lifetime replacement warranty. Today about 2 hours ago I recieved the new one. I went to clean it, dissasembled and reassembled it per the instructions and it is now locked up again. The slide will only move rearward about 2-3mm. Does anyone know what is causing this and if there is a fix for it.

I love the look of the gun and I wanted a 1911 styled gun, but this is really turning me off.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had about 3000 rounds through mine now with no problems. Are you sure your putting it back together correctly? You might have the barrel in the wrong place when putting the screw in or a part not in correctly. Asking since this has happened twice with 2 different pistols. Did it happen after you cleaned the first one as well?
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I read where the recoil spring and guide rod can be put in backwards and can only go one way.  I don't know if this is your trouble.  Is the magazine out of the pistol during take down and reassembly,  this can cause problems.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:19:58 PM EDT
[#3]

The recoil spring is taperred slightly, the thicker end goes in the plug, putting it in backwards will lock up the gun every time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top