Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2017 8:40:04 AM EDT
Specifically the LH9NC? I was browsing around Buds earlier and came across these pistols. They look like great pistols, and seem to have good reviews. Just wanted to see if anyone has first-hand knowledge of them. I like buying other-than-normal weapons and trying them out. Thanks.

https://www.lionheartindustries.com/product/lh9cn/

Link Posted: 8/9/2017 8:53:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Never owned one.

HOWEVER.

But more than a few rounds through both a Lionheart and the OG Daewoo it comes from. 

Things I liked:
pretty good trigger
Heeeeey 3rd gen smith magazines! Awesome!
Looks good
"Triple action" is...weird but nice. 

Things I didn't like:
The Styling of the lionheart vs the 'woo. Just thought the K5 looked cleaner
The size of the safety. Woof. It is small, and the pivot is in the front making it feel a little "wrong" from the manual of arms I'm used to. (1911/cz/etc) Still better than a slide mounted, though!

Anyway, they're cool, they work, I don't hate them. If you like a 3rd gen smith (and I do) and hate slide mounted safeties (which I also do) then it's a great gun. If it were me I'd hunt for a surplus K5, they're around and not very expensive compared to the LH9 and are, you know, the same gun. 
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
If I was looking for a full size 9mm, I would look seriously at a Lionheart.  Price and all.  That's because when I wanted to try out a .40 SW at the range, I rented a Daewoo DH-40.  It was the only .40 that wasn't thrashed.  After that, I had to have one.  I bought a DH-40 Mk 1 and wore it out.  Now my wife and I each have DH-40 Mk 2s and they are much more rugged for the .40 SW round.  The K5/DP-51 and DP-51C (for slightly more compact) are issue 9 mm sidearms for the ROK armed forces.  (Not certain the compact is ROK issue.)  I really, really like the unique action that the 9 mm and .40 SW models share.

The Lionheart 9 mm versions are somewhat updated with more interesting grips and a light rail.  Still no .40 yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top