Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2017 1:52:39 AM EDT
Holy crap I'm really impressed with the trigger, at this point I do wish the reset was slightly more tactile. The grip is fantastical. Love the sights. Can't wait to get her out to the range!
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:53:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:46:35 AM EDT
[#2]
That thing is kind of weird looking. But I like it. Never really hear about them.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 7:05:40 AM EDT
[#3]
most people that own them, love them.  Enjoy OP.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#4]
i love my C9 but i had to swap out the sights to traditional. i couldnt get accurate hits at 25+ yards.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd love to shoot one after hearing lots of good things about them.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 2:04:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm really surprised after handling one and feeling the trigger that it isn't more popular. Steyr is a pretty well known manufacturer and they don't make junk. Can't wait to see how it shoots.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 2:40:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm really surprised after handling one and feeling the trigger that it isn't more popular. Steyr is a pretty well known manufacturer and they don't make junk. Can't wait to see how it shoots.
View Quote
The Steyr marketing group  ... could use a little work.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 1:03:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I've tried to get a Buddy to buy one so I could shoot it!  I tried the same thing where I tried to get him to buy a 45 Wildy Magnum and a Glock 18.   He actually considered the Glock 18 but said he couldn't afford for me and him to shoot that much 9 MM.   Still I'd really like to shoot a Steyr 9 & 40 just don't see me carrying one enough to justify buying one.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:  I'm really surprised after handling one and feeling the trigger that it isn't more popular. Steyr is a pretty well known manufacturer and they don't make junk. Can't wait to see how it shoots.
View Quote
Original was killed by Clinton's evil looking gun parts ban.  Came in just before, then after '94 normal mags couldn't be found.  Glock had a free run of 10 years on it.

Is this the new version w/ the removable frame, like the SIG 320?  If so, pics of frame/FCU/receiver, whatever you want to call it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Great pistol, better than a block in all regards except aftermarket.  Will serve you well :).
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#11]
From everything I've read, I've always been surprised these aren't way more popular than they are.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Holy crap I'm really impressed with the trigger, at this point I do wish the reset was slightly more tactile. The grip is fantastical. Love the sights. Can't wait to get her out to the range!
View Quote

DOn't forget to see if you are eligible for the rebate
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:56:42 AM EDT
[#13]
The hype is real, it shot excellent! I didn't have a single failure in 500 rounds. I love the sights, the trigger and the recoil impulse. Easy follow up shots. I did a timed shooting still and was able to get off more aimed shots on target with better groups than I had printed ever before. If it continues to perform like this I'll be getting a compact for daily carry. Looks like I might be selling some pistols!

The one gripe I have is the shape of the trigger, I just don't love the way it feels. It worked just fine for me obviously. Alot of grief about the reset, but I found it to be intuitive.

Just for grins I'd like to see MAC or ForgottenWeapons do a mud test to see how the internal rails perform.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Ive played around with one, however I've never shot one. The sights are different, but interesting enough that id give them a chance.

Always seems to be something else I want more. Local FFL has a whole bunch of them and sells quite a few throughout the US. Always tries to talk me into one.

Maybe one day...
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ive played around with one, however I've never shot one. The sights are different, but interesting enough that id give them a chance.

Always seems to be something else I want more. Local FFL has a whole bunch of them and sells quite a few throughout the US. Always tries to talk me into one.

Maybe one day...
View Quote
what $$$ does he sell em for?
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:06:49 AM EDT
[#16]
I have one on the way to my FFL. I ordered the M9 A1 in OD Green, 498.00 and there is a $50.00 rebate to send in.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:24:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Pistol arrived, looks good but different.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:46:58 AM EDT
[#18]
I had one, loved it but the gen 1 extractor sucked at some types of ammo.

I sold it, then the new extractor came in the mail.  If you need it let me know.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I love my L9a1, it's  my daily carry. Points better for me than any other pistol I've owned.
I carry a TLR2 light, so the holster was difficult, until I found SwapRig holsters. He made me one in 4 days.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 4:04:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I do like the L9. I was talking to Black Rhino and they said if I sent them mine for designing it would be offered on their holsters. I plan to send it out next week so hopefully soon there will be a real option.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 4:36:52 AM EDT
[#22]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I just picked up an M40-A1 for a steal.  Only downside is that it's in 40S&W.  I'm a 9mm guy personally so it's the only 40 in the family.  The mag well seems tight on mine.....is that normal?
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#24]
The YouTube reviews did it for me.

Just bought an M9-A1, 2 extra 17rd mags, and an Inforce compact Glock pistol light for $587 shipped after rebate.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I just picked up an M40-A1 for a steal.  Only downside is that it's in 40S&W.  I'm a 9mm guy personally so it's the only 40 in the family.  The mag well seems tight on mine.....is that normal?
View Quote
I have a M357A1 and love it.  Unfortunately Steyr discontinued this model.  If you think you might like 357 better than 40, there is a company starting to produce 357 sig barrels.

https://www.steyrclub.com/threads/any-interest-in-an-aftermarket-357sig-barrel-conversion-for-your-40s-w-steyr-pistol.12066/
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Mag well isn’t tight on mine. Maybe the .40 mags are a teency bit larger. Makes me wonder if I can get a .40 recoils spring and run a .357 bbl in mine.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I just ordered an L9-A1.

As of December 1st.

Gun Pro Deals has them for $409.99, plus $14.99 shipping.

TSS Warehouse has them for $426.40, free shipping.

I ended up ordering from TSS Warehouse, because GPD didn't have my preferred FFL in their list, and no way to add it. The cost difference was about $1.42.

Those interested.

Steyr L9-A1 prices.

Steyr M9-A1 prices.

Both GPD, and TSS Warehouse has the same price on either the M9, or the L9.

And don't forget your Steyr Arms.com REBATE!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#28]
My dealer ordered me an L9A1 threaded for $475, so after rebate I'll have $425 into the gun. Solid deal for a top notch threaded pistol. I had a 1st gen M40 years back that I loved except the top of the backstrap cut into my hand. The newer gen looks to be cut less aggresively in that area so I'm hoping to not have the same issue.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#29]
I held one of these things one time and I still remember being amazed at how the gun seemed to lock into my hand and how it felt like the grip was specifically designed to fit into a human hand. The ergonomics of the grip specifically was amazing, but I can't remember how the controls felt.

I would be interested to know how these things compare to Glocks and Sig's on felt recoil, muzzle climb, trigger pull, etc. Basically, are these things 10 times easier to shoot quickly and accurately or do they just look cool and fit you hand well?
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:03:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I held one of these things one time and I still remember being amazed at how the gun seemed to lock into my hand and how it felt like the grip was specifically designed to fit into a human hand. The ergonomics of the grip specifically was amazing, but I can't remember how the controls felt.

I would be interested to know how these things compare to Glocks and Sig's on felt recoil, muzzle climb, trigger pull, etc. Basically, are these things 10 times easier to shoot quickly and accurately or do they just look cool and fit you hand well?
View Quote
I'd say they are definitely soft shooting. Took my G19, M9A1, and CZ P07 all out together. The Steyr was the softest shooting of the group followed by the P07.

If you haven't shot one, you should try to.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#31]
I always liked their triangle sights
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Great, great pistol.

Extremely underrated.

Congrats OP.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 11:24:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Lucky. I want one to go with my AUG.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 1:04:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Has anyone had experience with the C9 or the S9 vs L9 & M9 models? Wondering how the smaller models feel in-hand.

Just a guess on the nomenclature - seems reasonable

L - long
M - Mid-length
C - compact
S - subcompact
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Has anyone had experience with the C9 or the S9 vs L9 & M9 models? Wondering how the smaller models feel in-hand.

Just a guess on the nomenclature - seems reasonable

L - long
M - Mid-length
C - compact
S - subcompact
View Quote
I have a C9A1 and I like the size and feel more than my M9A1 even though the only difference is a slightly shorter slide.

That being said, it is the least reliable handgun that I own. I don't carry it anymore but hopefully I can again in the future.

I picked it up used, but it didn't even look like it had been shot. I started to have some failures to feed after a few hundred rounds and ejection was very erratic; straight back, to the left of the gun, straight up, etc. I contacted Steyr and they had me send the top end in. They replaced the entire extractor assembly and recoil spring.

After taking it back out, it was worse. Now I get failures to extract. I contacted them again and they are sending a new extractor assembly. Ejection is still just as erratic. Extractor just looks off when comparing it to my M9A1.

I started to watch YouTube videos on the C9A1 and S9A1 and I've noticed that the erratic ejection on these models appears to be a feature rather than an issue. My M9A1 may have the occasional weird ejection, just like my Glocks and other guns, but my C9A1 is just all over the place.

I gave up trying to get proper ejection out of my C9A1 for the moment and I'd just like to get it running right. I really do love size and feel of the gun and hope I can get working.

I'd certainly love to hear if anyone has one that runs and ejects good.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Picked up a new S9-A1 last Wednesday and shot it today. It was flinging brass into the stall on my right, had to back up a bit to get the brass to hit my stall wall. The stall walls do not go to the ceiling, so some of the brass would go over the wall.

Shot Blazer 124, and Federal HST 124 +P. No issues, and no BTF.  Ran like a champ, same as my L9-A1.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#37]
>>I ordered the M9 A1 in OD Green<<

I just did the same from Bud's. I shot an L9 last weekend and was so impressed with the accuracy that I just had to have one! (only mine is the "M")
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Howdy, another happy Steyr owner here.  I had previously bought a Steyr M40-A1, several years ago, from Cabelas.  It was a used gun that they had priced ridiculously low.  I am not a big fan of the .40 but I kew Steyr made good guns and decided to go for it.  I loved it and have been watching for a 9mm and wishing they would make a .45 ever since.

My brother ended up with the .40 and it's his all time favorite pistol.

I recently bought an M9-A1 here on the EE.  It came with 4 of the 17 round plus mags.  Is there a 15 round, flush fitting mag available?  Unfortunately I just could not get used to the trapezoid sights, I've been shooting 3 dot sights and RR/WO sights for too long.  So I had the Truglow Pro sights put on it. Btw anyone know of a sight pusher tool that works on the Steyr?

I have not shot it yet with the Truglow sights, but I really like the contrasting colors and I think they will be a winner, assuming they shoot to POA.

I think I've seen some rumors that Steyr might come out with an M45 ?  Or am I dreaming?

I'm in the process of selling a couple of pistols, and will use that money to buy an S9-A1 and another set of Truglow sights.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#39]
I found a couple of bargains online and have an S9-A1 and another M9-A1 inbound.  I’ll be able to compare the M9-A1 back to back with the trapezoid sights and the Truglo TFX Pro sights.

Has anyone here had both an original S9 or M9 series guns and a newer A1?  I’m curious about these older guns, the dust cover under the barrel is much smaller, should be easier to holster and conceal.  Also curious if the grip is the same other than texturing.

M9

M9-A1
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Mind posting pics of the FCS module when you take it out?
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 12:25:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Mind posting pics of the FCS module when you take it out?
View Quote
There are some good videos of this on YT.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Safariland makes a universal holster with a retention lever that fits the Steyr pistol models.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Bought an S9-A1 from gunbroker, picked it up yesterday. It was somebody’s carry gun judging by the finish wear on the slide. The size is perfect, the M9-A1 is the size of a Glock 19, this one is just slightly smaller, just enough grip length to get all three fingers on it.

I’ll get some pics of it soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top