Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2017 10:14:48 AM EDT
Just wanted to add my experience with my new Canik TP9SF to the pile of them on here.

I knew about the Canik's from many of the Youtube channels I watch and was keeping an eye out for them. I was at a gun show a month or so ago and a few tables had them. Lots of SA's and some other versions. I decided I wanted the SF version because it didn't have the decocker, and the SA only has a single action trigger. So, I decided on the SF, which is also as single action only, but doesn't have the decocker. The V2 I understand, has both the decocker and a double action trigger which is cool and that would have been an option too. Side note, if/when Canik makes a compact version, I'm hoping it has the decocker w/double action trigger. To me, that's a perfect CCW.

Anyway, the prices at the show were out of control, for what they had. The SA's were $369+ (used) the other ones were $500 after tax and what not. So, after some unsuccessful haggling I ended up politely passing on any of those options. I ended up finding the exact TP9FS I wanted at, Gander Mountain of all places and picked it up there. TP9SF, in "desert tan" with the 18 round mags. Brand new, for $408 OTD. (I had a coupon too)

I ended up running about 600 rounds through that gun over the course of 2 days. Mostly at 7 yards and even was hitting a 9x11 steel plate at 40 yards pretty consistently. The 7 yard stuff, I don't think i did any worse than a 2inch pattern when I was trying, and when I was screwing around (rapid fire or moving, or whatever) I don't think I saw anything outside of 4 inches. I'm sure there was a flier from time to time though.

The gun was flawless the entire time. Just kept popping rounds off. Needs to be cleaned BADLY now, and the front of the thing is all black from shooting it, but it still looks and runs great. I attached a cheap-ish light/laser combo on it, and this will be a great home defense/range gun.

My $0.02 worth.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice guns for the money for any money. The most responsive company of any kind I've ever witnessed, they do make what the customer asks for.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Love mine. I need more mags though.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Threads about them and reviews of them led me to impulse buy a T9SFX.

I hope I love it as much as most love then
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one and I do love it.  The trigger is amazing.  I liked shooting it with the irons, and I liked it with Vortex Venom on top.  

It's a whole lotta gun for 500 bucks out the door.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 6:20:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought one in late April from Aim when they had them on sale for 332.95 shipped. Another 20.00 for the transfer at my FFL and I'm 352.95 all in. What a nice gun. The trigger is great, shoots good. There is nothing I don't like about it. For the price I paid it puts my XD's and Glock to shame and it is on par with my PPQ, but I paid 200.00 more for the PPQ. If they ever come out with a .45 I'm in.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:03:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a TP9V2 on the way from bud's....can't wait to play with it.  It seems to be a P99 done right.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Wasn't there talk of a suppressor ready model?
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Picking up my TP9V2 today!  Can't wait!
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 12:31:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Picking up my TP9V2 today!  Can't wait!
View Quote
Canik rocked the house.  Holster SUCKED!!!  Worst holster ever.  It's NOT the Serpa clone that was in the earlier boxes...this is something else entirely.  If you get a Canik with the holster that has the rubber strap....toss it, immediately.

Went and bought...gag.....a Serpa for it.  It's actually pretty darn good.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:56:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Canik rocked the house.  Holster SUCKED!!!  Worst holster ever.  It's NOT the Serpa clone that was in the earlier boxes...this is something else entirely.  If you get a Canik with the holster that has the rubber strap....toss it, immediately.

Went and bought...gag.....a Serpa for it.  It's actually pretty darn good.
View Quote
Not sure who makes a good OWB, but have a clinger and alien gear for my sa and elite and quite happy with them. SA came with the old style serpa and elite the newer one both are still in the cases in my closet hate both.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Ran both of these AND a lady's SFx.

OMG, these guns are so incredible.....but that SFx was pure S E X !!!!!

BABAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top